Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You're ready to inspire and be inspired! You're passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we're looking for: We're hiring an experienced Senior Coordinator to oversee a variety of projects, partnerships and news franchises. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail, be comfortable working on several complex projects at once, and will have excellent time management and organizational skills. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who is adept at coordinating several moving pieces and being the face of our projects to both internal departments and external clients and partners. The job requires a strong interest in local news, politics and civic engagement and will require managing projects and initiatives across the country.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Facilitate communication between internal departments and third-party partners to execute projects on time and within budget
* Assist with creating project goals, procedures and timelines with internal and external clients and stakeholders
* Develop trackers and other systems to organize, document and monitor the progress of numerous projects at once
* Coordinate with management on evaluating and measuring project performance
* Review project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
* Adhere to budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial requirements
* Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, process maps and other materials to document project goals, status and related variables
* Perform additional related duties as assigned
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Above average organizational and time management skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree required
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
* Participation in an established on-call rotation