Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports - creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
About the Role:
The Senior Content Programmer, Community is responsible for creating engaging content and operating B/R's official accounts in the mobile app. They are in charge of planning app executions around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar and assist with developing an overarching community strategy.
* Develop a global Community and influencer plan for the B/R app
* Be the voice of the Community and maintain a tight two-way dialogue between all stakeholders.
* React to breaking news and roll out official B/R app accounts.
* Plan and schedule Community activations, both during live events and out of events
* Work with analytics to monitor channel engagement and optimize for Community performance
* 2-4 years of directly applicable experience preferred
* Sports fanatic with a strong understanding of all major sports
* Expertise in NBA, NFL, MLB, and WWE a plus
* A keen awareness of Bleacher Report's voice - know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms when breaking news hits
* Basic photoshop design skills required
* Tech savvy
* Well versed in the world of Internet sports - monitoring Twitter, major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis
* Deep understanding of current and emerging social trends
* Possess strong writing and communication skills
* Strong editing skills with a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is a must
* Formal editing background is not required but a definite plus
* Candidate must be based in, or willing to relocate to San Francisco or New York
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.