Are you interested in being a part of Microsoft's hybrid cloud offering and making it easier for customers to understand how to set up their Azure Stack infrastructure through excellent technical content? If so, you belong in our Azure Stack content development team! Here's the who, what, where and why.
Who: You're passionate about technical writing and how important quality documentation is to the customer experience. You understand the fundamentals of networking, data centers, and cloud services in general. You're a talented writer, with an editorial eye. You're able to translate technical details into clear, everyday language that our customers can understand. You ask questions. You act as the customer advocate, thinking about what the customer needs to know as a new user, and what they need as they become more advanced. You're able to come up with a cohesive strategy and see the big picture. You're a lifelong learner who understands that there's always room to improve. You're collaborative, able to accept and incorporate feedback, and you always keep the end goal in mind -- to produce what's best for the customer.
Where: We're looking for applicants who can work in the Redmond office, with some flexibility in terms of work-from-home arrangements.
Why: Think of the far-reaching impact you can have on our customers if you can help them accomplish their goals. Our organization is healthy, and our leadership is open minded, and flexible. Our team wants people to grow, and to feel valued. Roles in content development offer a solid career path.
* Three years of excellent technical writing, communication, project management, and interpersonal skills. Writing experience may include blogs, articles, internal or external customer/community user documentation and other customer-facing content.
* Experience at gathering customer requirements and prioritizing across multiple deliverables.
* Proven project management, organization, and planning skills, including track record of delivering great results under tight deadlines.
* Strong affinity for cross-group collaboration, negotiation, and organization skills.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
* At least five years of technical writing experience in a software company, writing professional customer-facing documentation.
* Experience with networking, storage, backup and restore, datacenter infrastructure concepts and technologies in both cloud and hybrid (mixed cloud and on-premises) environments.
* Basic understanding of PowerShell and CLI.
* Background as an IT professional or as someone in a DevOps role is helpful.
* Experience working in GitHub and Markdown language.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You'll use your writing expertise to help your team create a range of content, like tutorials, how-to topics, conceptual docs, code examples, and videos.
* You'll learn about new technologies, and explain the features using language that our customers can understand.
* You'll work with engineering, customer support, and marketing teams to understand customer goals, needs, and pain points.
* You'll use data about the product and content usage to prioritize the most important work. You can interact directly with customers to understand what they need as well as collaborate with them on content the entire world can see.
* Your content sets will include contributions from others as well as your own. You'll help focus everyone's efforts in the right direction and ensure deliverables get out the door. You'll help with the content plan and help guide your partners teams through the content creation process.
* You'll continue to refine and improve your plans and your content through customer feedback, testing, and by keeping current with the ever-evolving technological landscape. You can use your skills and knowledge of working with data to provide insights about what content and approaches to content are working well, and where improvements could be made.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.