WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino's, the world's largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
US Central REMOTE - Travel up to 75%
Who we are:
* Talend is a rapidly growing leader in the data and application integration space. We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bangalore, Atlanta, Irvine, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney. Our customers are thought leaders when it comes to data integration and are some of the biggest and best companies in retail, financial services, consumer products, and business services.
* We enable data driven companies to be more effective at what they do by providing them with the tools, infrastructure, and guidance to make informed business decisions.
* Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
* Services are critical to helping our large customers quickly become experts on Talend.
* Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 100 people strong - consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team - all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
Who you are:
* A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful sales and delivery of Services.
* A true lover of data.
* Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
* A consultant with deep experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, MDM, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
* A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers'
* You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
* You have experience in the arena of Big Data and are looking for the next "Big Thing"
What you'll do:
* Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of our software Products.
* Provide architecture reviews, application discussions and prototype or full development as needed
* Define technical specification for custom developments
* Design and development of complex Talend solutions
* Direct contribution to several end to end deployments in different industries
* Identify opportunities for products and services at existing customers
* Provide billable consulting assistance to ensure engagement success
* Perform data and/or application integration design and development, technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements
* Develop Best Practices based on field experience
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 6+ years of experience in the field, in a related area or a master's degree
* Demonstrated Experience in Data Management or Solution development & deployment in the areas of data migration, data integration, application integration or data quality
* Skills in Java, SQL, XML and Tomcat
* Must have some exposure to Data Integration, or, preferably with Talend's products
* Preferred experience in Eclipse, SQL and Oracle environments
* Knowledge in installation, configuration, optimization in Hadoop
* Understand how and when to apply MapReduce
* Knowledge in HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie technologies
* Knowledge in NoSQL technologies (Mongo, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
* Exposed to Spark, Impala, HAWQ
* Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent skills
* Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
* Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
* Experience leading and managing engagements and implementations
* Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
* "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
* Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
* Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
* Ranked in the DBTA "100 Companies that Matter Most in Data"
* Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Talend is a provider of cloud data integration and integrity solutions for organizations.