WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
The Looker Professional Services team is seeking a Senior Technical Consultant to implement our solutions and demonstrate the value of our products to business and technical users. You will act as trusted advisor and provide onsite, hands-on assistance to help our Customers achieve their business outcomes with the Looker product. This includes assessing customer needs, re-engineering business intelligence processes, designing and developing data models, and sharing your expertise throughout the deployment process. You will grow to possess breadth and depth of our products and impart this knowledge to our customers as a critical participant in the deployment cycle. You will also help shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs and solution opportunities back to the engineering team. Finally, you will shape the Looker professional services methodology by contributing best practices and lessons learned to our knowledge base.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
* Provide technical leadership on Customer implementation projects, facilitating the requirements gathering process and designing technical solutions
* Perform hands-on development of data models, reports and dashboards, from inception through production stage
* Apply problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues in heterogeneous environments
* Take a consultative role and guide clients on optimizing their data environment to work most effectively and efficiently with Looker. This may include advising on database performance, altering the ETL process, providing SQL transformations, discussing API integration, and rethinking the approach of certain KPIs
* Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals
* Document and communicate product feedback in order to improve user experience.
* Identify and mitigate project risks
* Manage stakeholders and cultivate customer relationships
* Assist with effort estimation and scoping of projects
* Identify upsell opportunities and partner with sales teams to provide other valuable solutions to the customer
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
* 7+ years of Enterprise Software implementation/services experience, preferably in the Data Analytics space
* 2 - 3 years customer-facing experience, strongly preferred
* A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights
* Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise
* Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).Big data (Hadoop, Spark, Snowflake, BigQuery etc.) a plus
* Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
* Public speaking experience preferred
* Ability to travel up to 50%
Preferred Experience: Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g., git/github, *nix, SSH)Experience troubleshooting operations issuesOptimizing database/query performanceExperience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift)Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos)Experience with data warehousingExposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery)Experience teachingExposure to web development fundamentals, familiarity with frameworks such as Angular & ReactData Science tooling (Python, R, SAS) and workflows a plus.; Experience working with ReSTful APIs
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1600 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.
Looker is a software company employing business intelligence to make data accessible to organizations and data analysts.