Verizon's experienced penetration tester's work with F500 customers to take the traditional vulnerability assessment and build upon it, acting as "ethical hackers" to evaluate the security of enterprise networks, applications, mobile devices, and data. Our penetration testers go beyond simply enumerating vulnerabilities, we assess them to understand the potential impact they pose our client's business. This real-world discovery approach allows us to work with our client to systematically back-track and lock down information, whether by removing a weakness, or adding protective controls.
As a penetration tester, you will actively exploit vulnerabilities and then then use what we find to help develop solutions that can secure the enterprise. Our assessment process includes four components:
* Discovery: Working with the customer to take stock of system elements, including networks, applications, and mobile assets. Gather key information including registration data, operating system, patch, and service version information, and system and application configurations. * Vulnerability Identification: Based on what we learn during the discovery phase, you will then take steps to challenge them. Using a variety of applicable tools, including in-house and commercially available programs, you will create a real-world scenario where you attempt to compromise system, application, and mobile security, gain unauthorized access to resources, or disrupt and exploit system services. * Exploitation: As a security expert, you will exploit vulnerabilities detected during the identification stage, to determine the level of impact to the enterprise, had someone with malicious intent attempted the same action. * Post Exploitation: If access to any vulnerable hosts are achieved, you will attempt to escalate privileges on these exploited systems and leverage this access to gain additional access into the network you are testing. During this stage multiple different cutting edge techniques will be used to identify multiple potential ways to compromise a customer's network and then provide recommendations for remediation.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Provide consulting services in the discipline of vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. * Be responsible for delivery and post-delivery support. * Provide delivery of specific vulnerability assessments and penetration testing services including: * Network, System, Application, Mobile, traditional web, and wireless. * Security Source Code Review. * Secure Application Development Training.
* Participate in the development of new Threat & Vulnerability practice services. * Provide presentations to clients.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience. * Four or more years of relevant work experience. * Experience delivering penetration testing consulting engagements. * Experience in information technology/cyber security. * Red Team or Ethical Hacking experience. * Experience delivering vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in a technology related focus. * A Bachelor's degree or six or more years of relevant work experience. * Eight or more years of experience delivering penetration testing consulting engagements. * Ten or more years of experience in information technology/cyber security. * Experience delivering vulnerability assessments and penetration tests; ideally, in a consultative environment. * Experience with web and mobile application penetration testing highly. * Certifications such as CEH, OSCP, CISSP. * Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication and formal presentation skills. * Ability to work with clients effectively.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.