At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Optiv Senior Consultant, Data Governance and Protection will be working on customer(s) engagements as a Data Governance and Protection expert.
As Sr. Director, Data Governance, you'll be a key player in the security roadmap and consulting efforts that addresses a wide variety of customer needs in the Data Protection capability. This resource will be assisting with gathering requirements from the Business and working with the technical teams on these requirements. These responsibilities include communicating directly with customers and account teams, managing communication and dissemination of audit and security material, and ensuring that Optiv solutions meets customers' requirements and applicable security standards.
You will manage program and individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables, and be involved in the design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of Data Protection and Data Governance solutions. As Sr. Director, Data Governance, you'll be a key player in the security roadmap and consulting efforts that addresses a wide variety of customer needs in the Data Protection capability.
How you'll make an impact :
* As Data Governance Lead, the candidate will help establish and grow the Technology data governance program.
* The role will focus on the tactical execution of the program, including building, promoting, and implementing policies, standards, and procedures.
* Serve as a liaison between functional areas and IT to ensure that data related business requirements for leveraging, retaining, and protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of the operational execution, prioritization, and planning
* Work with priority business and service line representatives to understand and identify data processes, needs and requirements. Identify "business" value propositions to create demand and incentives for data governance adherence and compliance.
* Capture and report on KPI/Metrics to demonstrate value to the Data Governance Committee
* Participate in daily standups, planning, and operational meetings
* Assist the data governance team in implementing and operationalizing data governance across customers organization. The consultant shall work directly with Data Governance leadership and the team to accomplish priorities and strategic objectives.
* Serve as trusted security advisor to customers and account teams
* Meet with prospective and current customers and sales teams
* Ability to clearly communicate information security concepts and complex technical topics to a wide audience of both technical and non-technical personnel (customers, auditors, legal staff, engineers)
* Execution excellence must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on outcomes driving impact
Qualifications for success
* Bachelor's Degree and 4 or 5+ years of data governance experience with a focus on the establishment of new programs
* CISA, CRISC, CISM highly preferred
* Experience bridging IT and business with respect to data governance priorities
* Experience with and knowledge of privacy and security standards, policies, and implementation
* Previous exposure to data integration and management in a big data environment
* Proven ability to learn and apply technical information
* 2+ years in a role requiring technical knowledge of current data security, privacy and protection models & technologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain composure when under pressure from customers
* Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas
* Ability to develop customer relationships
* Knowledge of the larger competitive landscape
* Help organization alignment of implementation responsibilities
* Provide subject matter expert support in Data Governance, including controls and ongoing monitoring
* Extensive experience in developing, planning and executing Data Governance or Data Management improvement initiatives
* Demonstrated understanding of Data Governance methodologies and concepts
* Self-motivated and results-oriented
* Understanding of consumer credit reporting or information services industry - a plus
* Knowledge of laws and regulations that impact Equifax (e.g., FCRA, GLBA, UDAAP, Dodd-Frank, GDPR) - a plus
* Consulting or client engagement experience
* Ability to proactively identify client need and translate into a solution
* Meta Data Management- Beneficial
* Data Catalog Experience- Beneficial
* Data Quality Experience- Beneficial
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv's mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs in order to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world's largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
Competitive total rewards program
Professional training opportunities
Engaging and fun culture
Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Optiv provides cyber security and information security services.