At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Public Sector Consulting team is looking for a Senior Consultant focused on container infrastructure to join us in Fort Worth, Texas. In this role, you will take part in our regional consulting operations or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and DevOps practices. You'll work on the customer site, drawing from your experience in the implementation of automated container platforms, deployment pipelines, and cloud-ready application architectures. As a Senior Consultant, you will learn to implement next-generation cloud infrastructure and delivery workflows on large-scale container platform clusters using Java, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat Ansible Automation, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and Red Hat OpenShift. You won't be expected to know everything on day one, but your ability to learn new technology quickly will be essential. This is a remote position with weekly Monday-Thursday travel to customer sites and can be located anywhere in North America within close proximity to an airport. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business and hold an Active Top Secret clearance.
Primary job responsibilities
* Implement automated and containerized cloud application platform solutions
* Focus on infrastructure concerns including networking, storage, virtualization, security, logging, monitoring, high availability, and system resilience
* Learn new technologies quickly, including topics like container orchestration, container registries, container build strategies, cloud storage, and software-defined networking (SDN)
* Travel frequently to work alongside customers in government facilities
* Help other consultants learn DevOps and container technologies and processes
* Apply new technologies, frameworks, or methodologies to container platforms
* Demonstrate technical leadership in container platforms and cloud application solutions by implementing complex, large-scale container platform solutions
* 5+ years of technology experience like consulting, operations, development, and related internships
* 3+ years of experience with Linux system administration, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or a derivative
* 2+ years of platform scripting experience with the Ruby, Python, or Go languages
* Experience implementing a continuous integration (CI) or continuous development (CD) pipeline
* Active Top Secret government clearance
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Expertise in Red Hat Ansible Automation is a plus
You will be expected to complete or learn the following during the first year on the job:
* Intensive training program on Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift technologies and related DevOps topics
* Understanding of how to stand up production-ready container platforms integrated with existing enterprise systems
* Knowledge of how to deploy source code into running, scalable containers in an automated fashion at enterprise scale
* Practical experience working with our offerings and solutions
* Collaborative delivery of customer requirements using Red Hat OpenShift
* Knowledge of how a customer use case can be developed into a project plan and how these requirements map onto Red Hat's technologies
* Understanding of how Red Hat's technologies can transform software delivery (DevOps) practices in large organizations
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.