Senior - Financial Services - Data and Analytics - Data Architecture and Integration
EY is the only professional services organization with a separate business unit (FSO) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to address the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Data has yet to be utilized to its fullest potential. Financial institutions are looking to build smarter and more efficient ways to operate their business, through new opportunities uncovered by their data. Our clients look to us as trusted advisors to provide insights on how to ingest, interpret and manage their data. We focus on business intelligence, advanced analytics, and information management.
We provide constant room for growth through client engagements and personal development. Our practitioners develop and lead innovative data techniques and methods, supporting both business and technology leaders. This role provides the unique opportunity to build a professional network, tackle complex data issues, and drive cutting-edge approaches across industry-leading clients and domains. The experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else.
Your key responsibilities
You will be part of diverse teams of professionals across different geographies to deliver a wide range of data and analytics services. You will be addressing complex issues and driving growth across financial services.
Skills and attributes for success
* Fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
* Leading and coaching diverse teams of professionals with different backgrounds
* Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
* Establishing strong relationships with the clients
* Working in an entrepreneurial environment to pave your own career path
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's or master's degree
* Around two or more years of related work experience in banking, capital markets, insurance or asset management
* Experience assisting clients with strategic Data Architecture/Integration or Big Data initiatives, preferably focused in financial services
* Strong experience in data architecture and integration technologies (ETL, data ingestion and distribution patterns, SQL, large data processing on distributed platforms, data warehousing)
* Hands-on experience with at least one major Hadoop platform (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR)
* Hands-on experience in developing or architecting Big Data applications using Hadoop and related technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, YARN, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Oozie, NoSQL, HBase, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Flink, Flume, Splunk, etc.
* Hands-on experience working with at least one programming language and related technologies such as Java, Scala, Python, .NET and APIs
* Hands-on experience with streaming platforms and applications such as Spark Streaming, Kafka, Storm, etc.
* Hands-on experience with cloud-related technologies (such as AWS, Azure, Redshift, EMR, etc.)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to assimilate new knowledge
* Ability to understand business challenges and translate them into value add analytics solutions
* Excellent leadership and teaming skills
* A willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 80%-90%
* Valid driver's license in the US
* Valid passport
Ideally, you'll also have
* A degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
* Consulting experience
What we look for
We're interested in self-motivated and passionate leaders with a strong vision and desire to stay on the cutting edge of data technology and science. We are looking for individuals who aspire to build collaborative team environments and possess effective management skills while demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and industry knowledge.
If you have a genuine drive for helping consumers achieve the full potential of their data while working toward your own development, this role is for you!
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.