We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the IDEAs newly formed Privacy & Compliance team. The mission of our team is to build a strong privacy and compliance by design program that helps the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in their drive for a strong business-led culture of compliance through a well-designed framework and governance process.
This role will partner with the data scientists/analysts, Engineers, and others to ensure consistency and efficiency on key controls, processes, and compliance programs. This role will drive the overall Compliance rhythm and processes in IDEAs and serve as compliance advisor to senior business partners. A candidate should be experienced and passionate about internal controls, compliance and business process excellence, be experienced working closely with engineering teams and data analytics teams.
* A minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer systems architecture or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
* 3+ years of professional experience in the computer software industry or services industry focused on software product development.
* Software engineering experience or equivalent experience defining and implementing technical requirements with software engineering teams and processes is recommended.
* 3+ years' experience in Project Management, Program Management, Feature PM or equivalent.
* Experience in online or cloud services and/or technology industries is a bonus
* 3+ years of regulatory compliance experience in, or supporting, a large enterprise.
* Understanding of compliance framework such as SOX and SOC (SSAE 16) recommended.
* CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) recommended.
* Experience designing and driving large regulatory or policy programs a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal communication, executive presence, and presentation skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Partnering with the external and internal teams to create a sustainable and repeatable suite of IDEAs Compliance solutions (includes criteria, scope, accountability, control procedures, test procedures, compliance reviews and positioning compliance to meet a service model).
* Support management in their drive for a strong business-led culture of compliance in the IDEAs.
* Act as a Process Excellence Champion to determine automation, centralization or control enhancements opportunities.
* Partner with Product Engineering, IT Operations, Finance and other teams to develop an understanding of the end-to-end flow of data in systems that produce non-financial metrics reported externally
* Develop detailed understanding of the systems in the end-to-end flow and drive technical improvements to the systems to mitigate and manage risk
Identify potential risks and control gaps and develop mitigating strategies to minimize risk of new and existing systems
* Ensure Microsoft IDEAs business processes, infrastructure and applications maintain compliance with legal requirements, corporate policies and customer commitments.
Document risks and controls of all systems in the end-to-end flow, and update, as needed
* Consult on the design and implementation of new and modified controls
Work closely with the control owners to ensure identified controls are monitored according to the defined program and results are communicated and acted on appropriately
* Drive change management processes to assess impact of changes in data lineage, secure executive approval and communicate to stakeholders
Support internal and external audit coordination efforts
* Partner with control owners on management action plan responses to audit recommendations and drive for timely closure
* Consult on remediation efforts and response mechanism
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.