Serenova simplifies every aspect of the customer experience, from front office to back, to make life easier for you, your customers and your employees. The world's most passionate, customer-focused brands achieve brighter interactions, deeper insights, and more meaningful outcomes with Serenova's always-on, highly secure, true multi-tenant and instantly scalable Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) platform, CxEngage. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Serenova also has operations in California, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Learn more at www.serenova.com. For live updates follow @serenovashine.
About the Job
At Serenova, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cloud Operations Architect with hands-on experience with deploying and maintaining SaaS application in public cloud and within data centers. The ideal candidate will be someone with strong track record of high availability and uptime for SaaS application as a whole (application and infrastructure), as well as having full stack SaaS application architecture experience including capacity, high availability, APM, and failover. You will have ownership and leadership of the overall availability, security, monitoring, and performance of all Serenova Platforms within data centers and AWS.
Year One Objectives:
* Complete understanding of application and infrastructure deployment and architecture topologies of both of our CCaaS platforms.
* Build a prioritization list based on risk for all things related to platform scalability, availability, and uptime
* Build a timeline for all action items and objectives to enhance all platforms based on prioritized roadmap with the focus of availability
* Define the blueprint for merging and optimizing our platforms.
* Working with leaders in Operations and Engineering and set availability and scalability direction by applying in-depth technical know-how to business objectives.
* Lead the discovery, research, and analysis work for existing platform with the focus of scalability improvement
* Provide technical direction and play a lead role in architecting Platforms and Infrastructures to ensure appropriate high availability, SLA, BCP and DR, monitoring, security, and backup are in place
* Be part of core team to build and promote technology road-map
* Ensure availability, responsiveness, and security of all SaaS platform meets or exceeds requirements
* Analyze and resolve Platforms issues and undertakes routine preventative measures as well as kick off new initiatives to proactively avoid outages and incidents
* Establish and maintain regular communication with the organization's executives, department heads and other appropriate personnel pertinent Platforms activities
* Communicate the technical vision with other departments and ensure top-quality execution across all teams
* Analyze and improve the software quality, including scalability, stability, and security.
* Own and maintain an ongoing plan for the continued growth of all platforms and be able to provide regular updates as to the status of this plan in both the short and long term
* Align implementations and architected solutions with internal standards, processes, policies and procedures
* Responsible for ensuring all Serenova platforms are equipped with the right level of resources and is designed appropriately for scale and security
* Stay up to date with software technologies and solutions to ensure proper tool sets serve Serenova presently and into the future
* On call 24x7.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering field
* 10+ years relevant SaaS application with deployment and operations working experience
* 5+ years relevant experience managing and scaling complex distributed computing SaaS platform/technologies in a fast pace / high growth environment
* Experience with building, supporting, and maintaining complex, high-concurrency SaaS products, from the lead architect role.
* Deep understanding and direct knowledge of software scalability and stability measures for Linux-based software.
* In-depth knowledge of various database technology including Relational DB and real-time DB's.
* Extensive knowledge of high-performance server and storage technologies required
* Extensive knowledge of data center operations and infrastructure required
* Extension knowledge of virtualization technologies required
* Extensive knowledge of cloud services provider models, offering types, and architectures required
* Knowledge of secure configuration baselines required
* In-depth knowledge of various coding languages with Java being a core.
* Experience with AWS hosting.
* Experience with container and orchestration. Knowledge of Kubernetes a plus
* Knowledge of industry regulation and compliance (ISO 27001, HIPAA, SOC 1, SOC 2, and etc.)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills - demonstrated experience in working with a team in the design and implementation of software solutions
* Adept at critical thinking and a relentless self-learner who thrives in a highly dynamic environment
* Must be detailed oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines.
Our Core Values:
We're all human, and we treat everyone (including ourselves) with humility, kindness and respect.
Progress Over Perfection:
We are flexible and resilient. We embrace change, roll with the punches, and strive to make each day better than the day before.
We are fanatically transparent, seeking accountability in all that we do, we honor our work, keep our commitments, and seek every opportunity to act in the service of others.
Above and Beyond:
Everyone is a customer - and simply meeting expectations is never enough. We delight in simplifying the complex and doing more with less and giving more than we ask for in return.
No Finish Line:
We are imaginative and tenacious. We are never discouraged, never satisfied and never done. There's always more we can do, and because we cannot fail if we do not quit, above all, we persist.
Perks & Benefits:
* Values-based culture
* Flexible PTO
* Robust Medical Benefits
* Pets? We've got them covered too!
* 401(k) match
* On-site masseuse, car detailer and gym memberships also available
* Taco Tuesday & Friday lunches