Vlocity, a Forbes Cloud 100 company and strategic Salesforce ISV, delivers industry-specific cloud and mobile software that embed digital, omnichannel processes for customer-centric industries. Built in partnership with Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, Vlocity is one of Salesforce's fastest growing partners. Vlocity Industry Cloud Apps embed industry-specific functionality, best practices and business processes for the Communications & Media, Insurance & Financial Services, Health, Energy & Utilities, and Government industries. Vlocity enables companies to achieve faster business agility and time to value from the cloud across digital and traditional channels. Click here to learn more about Vlocity.
Vlocity, Inc. is establishing its cloud operations team. If you are excited about building something from ground up, make it highly scalable, available, performant and reliable, this opportunity if for you. We are looking for individuals who have experience with, but limited to the following:
* Being on call, resolving incidents, driving postmortems and improvements.
* Technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Postgres, Riak, Vault, AWS Native Services (S3, KMS, API Gateway)
* Passionate about automating and reducing toil.
* Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation.
* Understanding of security requirements necessary to operate in public cloud.
* Securing OSes using standards such as NIST, CIS, and rolling out patched images at a regular frequency.
* Be on call and drive incident resolution.
* Implement tools that are needed to run robust operations.
* Establish monitoring and logging, make the systems robust and meaningful.
* Automate infrastructure provisioning and scaling.
* Enable self-healing of application to improve availability.
* Writing specs and drive technical solution's implementation.
* Driving improvements in product working with product management and engineering.
* Work with security on defining and implementing security controls.
* Experience managing security for companies that leverage cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) with security commitments to customers and partners.
* 10+ years of running a highly available customer facing application.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, able to communicate concepts to both technical and nontechnical audience.
* Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams while thriving in a fast-paced growing company.
* Strong program and project management skills and technology expertise
* A critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
Desired Certifications / Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or related technology field. Master's Degree is preferred
* AWS Certifications
Vlocity welcomes all. In our journey as a company -- and as individual Vlociters -- we recognize that our diversity is our strength. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including our decisions to recruit, hire, promote, transfer, discipline, or separate are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We provide accommodation for our Vlociters with disabilities both seen and unseen in the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Vlocity is a Cloud software company with deep domain expertise in vertical applications.