The Role: Looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding SPGlobal cloud computing infrastructure.
The Location: Centennial, CO, Charlottesville, VA, Glen Allen, VA OR NY/NJ, Virtual
The Team:Solutions Engineering Team is responsible delivering infrastructure architecture, implementation & deployments on S&P Global MI Cloud & Data Centers in collaboration with S&P Global Digital infrastructure & other Teams from a wide variety of backgrounds. The key area of focus: Infrastructure as Code, Application Architecture, Automation, Project Delivery, Environment Troubleshooting, and Low Level Design Documentation.
The Impact:You will utilize your technical knowledge and analytical skills in architecting and optimizing cloud infrastructure, standardizing technology stack for cloud & datacenters, implementing cloud service catalog and service governance solutions, and driving implementation of our cloud first strategy and cloud adoption in partnership with development & business stakeholders.
What's in it for you:You will be part of a talented team of engineers in our Solutions Engineering team that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for supporting a large scale deployment and all underlying systems related to supporting cloud computing workloads and IT project deployment.
* Develop and leverage AWS tools and services to manage and automate key operations capabilities. This includes AWS Systems Manager, Patch Manager, Cloud Formation and custom scripting to extend the AWS services.
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
* Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
* Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
* Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for AWS infrastructure.
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
What We're Looking For:
* Looking for 3 to 4 years of experience implementing AWS Cloud infrastructure solutions.
* Experience with AWS hosting technologies: VPC, EC2, ELB, RDS, Lambda, SES, SNS, Containers, API Gateway,etc.
* Good conceptual understanding & knowledge on virtualization & container based technologies such as AWS, Docker, VMware, and Virtual Box.
* Experience with monitoring solutions, such as: AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, ELK, etc.
* Experience working with large scale IT projects related to design, deployment and configuration.
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work individually without much direction while also working as part of a team towards a common goal.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must have at least one of the following active certs upon application: AWS. This is a requirement.
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
* AWS professionals with development or architecture background.
* Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
* Good experience in delivering infrastructure solutions using AWS services.
Please Note: You must be eligible to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship to qualify for this position.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.