This is an opportunity to work within the ETF and Index Investing Group; this group produces iShares®; the world's most comprehensive family of exchanged traded products. We are seeking a self-motivated, talented developer to complement our London Analytics team.
The mandate of this team is to create commercially driven tools, underscored by rigorous research, and aligned with our front office needs. Our Global team contains finance professionals, researchers, quants, computer scientists and data analytics engineers. Our unique team structure enables taking innovative and commercially relevant ideas, prototyping them rapidly, and commercialising them - all within one team. We do so by leveraging the vast array of tools and data available and augmenting with specialized applications suited for rapid prototyping. The team is highly sought after to solve data and analytically intensive challenges and present them in intuitive and visually compelling ways.
This is a high impact role that will focus on building Analytical tools with the passion for UI design and development to support our growing ETF business; a business which is a driving force in BlackRock's future.
The successful applicant will work closely with our Global Markets, Sales and Research/Quant teams. This person will be responsible for designing and developing these tools, leveraging the cloud infrastructure in a micro-services driven ecosystem, enabling our business to scale, reach more clients, and drive our growth. The ideal candidate has experience owning microservice architecture in a large production environment with focus on - security, reliability and scalability and is prepared to scale their own responsibilities along with the company.
* Work Life Balance and working smart over "face time" * Hands on technical skills and leadership * Small teams with highly talented technologists * Team work, open dialogue, and challenge of the status quo * Quality Products, Time to Market, and building infrastructure to help us do boths
Product Examples the EII Analytics team:
* Real Time Valuation of Corporate Bonds, leveraging miscellaneous data sources with millions of data points, for 30K bonds in parallel. * Complex Event Processing tools to evaluate the effectiveness of our ETFs in real-time, measuring over 500K rules per second, across 2K+ listings. * Detailed ETF Pre-Trade analytics to guide client trading decisions * Text mining and AI to identify market trends and sales opportunities
* Work closely with the operations, software engineering, and product management teams to design and implement our next-generation high availability, scalable cloud architecture. * Draw on deep knowledge of automated provisioning, scaling and recovery of services * Work with the DevOps team to design consistent, scalable automated deployment of our production environment * Drive key backend technology stack and implementation decisions * Collaborate with researchers and Global Market experts to incorporate research and business functions into the analytics platform * Mentoring team members to build core competencies in architecture, standards development and recommended practices * Participate in team's Agile Iteration/ Scrum Sprint process * Coordinate with other team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment - San Fran, London, NY, and Budapest
* Strong programming skills with at least 8 years of experience in Java; Golang, Python is nice to have * Experience of designing, developing, debugging and operating resilient distributed systems that run across multiple compute nodes in multiple data centers * Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (Security, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and IaaS as code) breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required * Must thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment * Must have hands-on experience in a Micro-service driven eco-system. * Experience and understanding of large scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required * Know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements and must stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends. * Experience with container orchestration system preferably Kubernetes is required * Experience on deploying services in Kubernetes, OpenShift, Azure, or AWS * Proficient in UNIX command line tools * Experience with Agile development methodology and Test Driven Development * Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence is a plus * Strong database experience (SQL, stored procedures, and data modeling). Experience with NoSQL is a strong plus. * Production experience with Redis, Spring boot, Spring batch, REST Web service; Kafka is nice to have * Experience with setup up continuous integration, continuous, and deployment automation for containerize service
* Experience with Open Source tools such * Functional programming experience * Work with Web UI developers with AngularJS or React experience * Proficient in Python is a plus * Financial knowledge and/or an interest is strongly recommended
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.