Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Exadata Database team is building a new cloud native, Autonomous, multi-tenant, database optimized, smart storage cloud service. This service is expected to scale across thousands of tenants. It is based on the successful Exadata platform. This cost effective storage solution is engineered for highest performance and availability to run variety of workloads. We are hiring senior developers for this exciting team to build the service to power Autonomous database offerings in Oracle Cloud and Cloud at customer.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. As part of the Oracle Database Exadata team, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute. The role provides a mixture of production ownership and development. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations.
In this role you will:
* Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of cloud service.
* Build new monitoring/administration solutions including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and patching of network components
* React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing, and real-time monitoring to production systems
* Solve complex and difficult problems and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
* Partner with distributed teams in prototyping new solutions
* Stay informed of new technologies
4 years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building distributed, scalable system software and/or Services preferably in the cloud
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
* Proficient with programming languages C/C /Java/Python; and scripting languages (Shell, Perl and Python)
* Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
* Experienced in crafting, building and debugging large scale distributed systems
* Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
* Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
* Familiar with micro-services based software architecture and the evolving tools in the space like nomad/k8s
* Experience with container run time (Docker, LXC/LXD)
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
* Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Systematic problem solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making
* Solid understanding of performance and efficiency with a strong customer focus
* Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.