What you'll be doing...
You'll work on a team supporting a flagship application for serving Verizon customers mainly responsible for the cloud transformation.
You will lead various projects to develop, implement and maintain the application. As an experienced developer, you will also support leadership by conducting regular code reviews to ensure code quality. You will collaborate with various internal teams on new technologies to make it easy for our customers to do business with us.
You will work with a team to do a complete performance audit of the application, identify areas of improvement, implement the changes, and maintain the application. You will also be responsible for maintaining additional functional features over the life of the application with a focus on operational performance excellence. You will work with the rest of the team to identify the path for AWS cloud migration and as part of this you and the team will evaluate technology choices in the areas of database (e.g., RDS vs Aurora), caching (native Redis vs managed Elasticache), logging & ETL (CloudTrail audits, AWS Data Pipeline) and elasticity/scaling (app LB vs Classic LB, CloudWatch).
* Leading multiple projects using on-site and off-shore resources to maintain and develop applications for both enterprise releases and smaller maintenance releases.
* Identifying and aligning project requirements and conducting impact analyses.
* Working closely with the business team, 3rd party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
* Performing hands-on coding work on projects to introduce new modular, reusable Service/API or enhancing the existing ones.
* Performing engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of computer hardware, firmware, embedded systems, and/or operating systems.
What we're looking for...
You've got excellent analytical skills, quick learner and can work effectively with onshore, offshore and vendor team members. You should be tech savvy to always look for new technologies, innovate and deliver quick solutions using Agile methodology. In addition to that, you should be a good team player.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience migrating native, on-prem applications to the public cloud.
* Certified Solution Architect Assoc/Professional in AWS cloud must and prefer other AWS certifications.
* Experience in transformation projects from .NET to.NET or .NET toJava with Sprint Boot.
* Experience with developing applications in J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
* Experience with Angular and React JS.
* Experience Java/Linux and .NET/Windows.
* Experience with OOP, SOA, modular code development, micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
* Experience with Server backend and API/Service development.
* Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, UNIX
* Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
* Experience in cloud computing, a rules engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, mobile web experience.
* Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.