The Nutanix Global Services Organization (GSO) delivers a strong influence on the success of each Nutanix implementation by its customers. The GSO function ensures success by engaging with customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages by assisting in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the GSO team, working with our partners, ensures customer success in fully implementing their virtualized and software-defined data centers. The Nutanix GSO Consulting function includes Assessment, Design, Implementation and integration/automation Services, Project/Engagement Management.
The Senior Consultant position is responsible for a 70/30 mix of Billable work and Practice Development with a focus on advanced services such as assessment, design, planning, implementations and integration/automation while acting as subject matter expert for the company.
* Billable Project work 70% of time.
* Practice Development/R&D to prototype and vet new service offerings.
* Participate in a limited pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME.
* Training and enablement of Nutanix channel partners.
* Experience with Microsoft Virtualization Technologies and Azure pack.
* AWS certified solutions professional.
* MCSA and MCSE required.
* Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, HyperV) and storage fabric (SAN, NAS) is a must. Deep understanding of software-defined storage with a particular focus on distributed storage is a must.
* Developer mindset with a high comfort level to build automation on billable projects using one or more automation tools or orchestration frameworks such as VMware vCO, Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator, PowerShell, Python, Bash, Puppet, Chef.
* Ability to be technically hands-on in servicing the requirements of a client.
* Excellent communication skills including writing white papers position paper, giving presentations and other forms or Knowledge Transfer.
* Up to 70% domestic travel.
Qualifications and Experience:
* A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience as traveling consultant in the storage, virtualization, VDI and or cloud space.
Nutanix is a provider of an enterprise cloud platform unifying private, public, and distributed clouds.