Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta' s talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is looking for a Senior Cisco Network Engineer to support of one of our largest contracts under the Department of Defense.
This individual must be a US Citizen, must hold an active/current Secret Clearance to be considered. Must also have a CCNP certification, and be willing to obtain a CASP certification within the first 6 months of employment.
* Must be able to work independently at a senior level, advanced customer service in support of the network environments.
* Provide architectural and maintenance support of these environments to include support of fielded hardware, software, routers, switches, firewalls and connectivity to the remote data center.
* Wil provide architectural and new design support for Cisco networks.
* Knowledge and experience to maintain the 150 plus Cisco ASA, switches and wireless devices implemented around the world.
* Coordinate with remote communications personnel to configure network access for specific customer applications based on a pre-determined implementation schedule.
* Telephonically assist on-site personnel during the implementation.
* Document all activities related to site coordination and implementation assistance using a Windows, Windows Server and or Windows desktop system running a web-based trouble ticket/change order tracking system.
* Research and resolve hardware PC, router ASA firewall configurations and architectural support issues, software and connectivity implementation problems by utilizing established procedures, user manuals, accessing on-line applications, or interacting with internal and external support groups.
* Perform network design within the constraints of remote facilities, and provide third level support to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 support personnel.
* In the course of troubleshooting remote facility network problems, perform IP packet analysis to determine network errors and/or conflicts.
* Establish guidelines and policies surrounding risk and security
* Audit current and future systems and implement the right security strategy
* Define backup policies and monitor backups for completion and viability
* Supervise IT network projects and bring the right security implementation for smooth project management
* Monitor hardware and software for any suspicious behavior or traffic
* Document best practices for security and information assurance based on business and user requirements
* Minimum of 7 years with Cisco components
* Security+ and CCNP certificate mandatory (CISCO certifications)
* Must already have or can get a CASP certification in 6 months.
* Strong Knowledge of data communications protocols and utilities (TCP/IP) and possess the ability to perform rudimentary packet analysis.
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware components (routers, switches, DSU/CSU, Cat5)
* Strong knowledge of Cisco ASA and Switch configurations.
* Windows desktop and server environment
* PC and peripheral devices (card readers, printers, keyboard, mouse, monitor, digital cameras, and other associated hardware)
* Strong working knowledge of Leased line fault isolation
* Knowledge of data communications protocols and utilities (TCP/IP) and possess the ability to perform rudimentary packet analysis.
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN/GAN hardware components (routers, switches, DSU/CSU, Cat6)
* VPN connectivity, Windows Server, Microsoft Office
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION / KNOWLEDGE
* Bachelor Degree
* Cisco CCNP Certification
* Acquire CASP certification in 6 months