Your passion for technology, exceptional critical-thinking skills and ability to creatively think-on-your feet will fit perfectly in our IT Senior Business Systems Analyst position at AssetMark. This is an ideal time to join our organization and you will be a key player as you analyze, design and build on our internal systems. We are in an exciting phase and you will enjoy working on a wide array of projects and will be recognized and rewarded for delivering world-class, excellent results. Fully utilize your creative talents and true desire to enhance clients' business needs; take the next step and apply today!
We are currently seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly-skilled Senior IT Business Systems Analyst, based in Concord, CA, to join our Data Strategy team. In this role, you will participate in the full project lifecycle from definition through post-deployment for cloud-based solutions. You will elicit and detail business and functional requirements, assess project progress and monitor the effectiveness of deployed initiatives. Key to this role is expertise in data mapping, process engineering and process modeling.
* Work on projects related to migrating and transforming data from on premise databases to a Microsoft Azure Enterprise Data Hub. Role will be focused on data mapping and translating business requirements into data transformation rules.
* Develop custom reports and data visualization using large datasets to transform data into actionable insights.
* Acts as the liaison between IT and business stakeholders during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for new solutions/projects.
* Collaborates with business stakeholders to facilitate and document business requirements, use cases and functional specifications. Provides strategic advice for business processes and solutions.
* Interacts with and directs technical partners to develop solution alternatives.
* Analyze and solve complex business problems and determine suitable IT solutions.
* Generate use cases and participate in unit, regression and user acceptance testing.
* Communicate complex information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., computer science, information systems, engineering, statistics, math or related discipline).
* 5+ years' experience working as a Business Systems Analyst on small to medium sized projects.
* Good understanding of ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment and transformation.
* Significant experience with data modeling, data mapping and ability to mine and analyze large amounts of data.
* Proficient in SQL and writing database queries.
* Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
* Proficient in creating dashboards in Power BI, Tableau or other analytics reporting tools.
* Proven experience creating business requirements documents and functional specifications and other BSA artifacts.
* Experience with statistical programming, machine learning and/or data science related projects.
* Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed.
* Exceptional organizational, presentation and communication skills.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
* Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud base data warehouse implementation.
* Experience working in an agile environment and writing user stories in JIRA.
* Exceptional written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proven experience as a collaborative team player.
* Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Experience in the wealth management or financial services industry a plus.
AssetMark, Inc. is a leading strategic provider of groundbreaking investment and consulting solutions created to serve independent financial advisors and help them create great outcomes for their clients. Through a consistent program of engagement, education and community-building, AssetMark brings like-minded advisors together to share their ideas, experiences and solutions. This collaboration guides our development of investment, client relationship and practice management tools that advisors can tap to help clients achieve their investment objectives and life goals.
We are always seeking bright, creative, energetic individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. AssetMark is an innovative organization, delivering the best services in the industry. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, full benefits, and excellent opportunities for career growth. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. We also have regional offices in Phoenix, AZ, Encino, CA, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, and State College, PA. Become a part of our growing team today!