Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we invest over $450 million in technology every year so that we can continue to develop state-of-the-art solutions for our customers. We're constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, adopting and implementing design SOPs, and keeping XPO on the cutting edge of BI solutions. Become a part of our rapidly growing dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
* Lead discussions about BI solutions and reporting tools using information gathered while following the development lifecycle
* Research user needs, confer with users, study system flows, data usage and work processes, and investigate problem areas
* Review and adopt changes for the operational feasibility of BI and reporting tools by evaluating the analysis, requirements, system constraints, solution developments and proposed solutions
* Ensure the architects/developers' review captures the user requirements and that they're sustainable and scalable
* Utilize scalable approaches, such as unit testing, integration testing and system-level testing, in support of the Quality Assurance (QA) team
* Ensure the user interface, system communication, design and implementation are on target and supporting the business
* Lead developmental optimization for reporting tools through modeling, simulation and analysis; design and implement data models and solicit feedback on operational impact
* Design and implement big data analytics solutions using Azure technologies
* Build reporting and BI tools in a Microsoft SQL Server environment, including SQL Server Analysis Services
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
* Some education in Computer Science or Engineering
* 7 years of development experience with SQL Server, T-SQL and SSIS
* 7 years of experience in relational data modeling and server administration in a clustered environment with replication
* 5 years of experience in SQL Server performance tuning and query monitoring
* 2 years of experience with cloud services within Microsoft Azure BI tools, including Azure Data Factory, HD Insights, Data Bricks, Cosmos DB and Azure analysis services
* 2 years of experience in Microsoft SSAS and data warehouse design; experience with OLAP cubes, MDX and DAX development, and with PowerBI
It'd be great if you also have:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* Strong time and project management skills with the ability to multitask and effectively prioritize work
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply now "