CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Are you interested in serving as an integral part of our Business Intelligence Reporting and Analytics (BIRA) team developing new reporting and capabilities that will continue to advance CenturyLink's reputation as a technology leader?
In this critical role within the BIRA team, you will collaborate with operations, process and technology teams to change business behaviors that drive real value through Business Intelligence (BI) solutions you get to create.
Work you'll do:
* In this interesting and diverse role, you'll work closely with business and technology leaders to build and deliver strategic and front-line BI initiatives supporting our domestic and global strategy.
* You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of BI solution development. You will understand and translate business needs into requirements. Using those requirements, you will recommend, build (both data mart ETL as well as BI reports), train and support BI solutions that enable success in the business.
* You'll be recognized as a subject matter expert in data integration/reporting/analytics and expected to lead the delivery of data visualizations, reporting and self-serve analytics across the business as well as evangelizing and promoting the value of BIRA.
* You'll help drive the evolution of data use within the company to compel internal users away from "using reports" and into desiring and understanding how to utilize Business Intelligence solutions.
What you'll be part of - our CenturyLink One Company One Culture:
We believe our culture is and will be a factor we can point to within our company that will make us uniquely different from our competitors. Our foundation is built on fairness, honesty and integrity, commitment to excellence, positive attitude, respect, and perseverance. We believe our guiding behaviors will add value to our customers, shareholders and employees.
Who you'll work with:
In BIRA, we make an impact by providing BI solutions and expertise to internal teams in the organization who are facing big business and financial decisions. We specialize in creating executive and individual performance applications using latest data visualization technologies and leading reporting tools. We continually seek out opportunities to improve our effectiveness through analyzing data, processes and systems.
How you'll grow:
We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take calculated risks, and explore outside the box.
Benefits you'll receive:
Work for a well-established, growing technology company with opportunity for advancement and growth. Get to use cutting edge tools. Ability to contribute technical and analytical expertise to help redesign the BI architecture within the company. Receive competitive salaries, full benefits, 401K and much more.
Required Qualifications to Apply:
* 4+ years of BI developer and/or IT developer or equivalent experience.
* 4+ years of experience within a Microsoft SQL Server environment. Experience should include development of database objects as well as complex ETL experience utilizing SSIS/SSDT. 4+ years of experience developing complex Business Intelligence solutions using either Tableau or Microsoft SSRS
* 3+ years of experience with gathering requirements from end users and/or business analyst partners. Proven ability to speak "non-technical" during this process.
* Understands the value of quick iterations
* Able to effectively manage multiple projects and manage across teams
* Proficient data modeling skills, translating logical and physical models into Microsoft SQL Server environment.
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated strong and positive interpersonal skills. Able to interact well with individuals from all disciplines and levels.
* Strong ability to work both independently as well as within a team. Willingness to learn from others and be self-motivated to expand knowledge on a daily basis.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.