Partners Data Systems
Hours: Full Time; Monday - Friday; 8:00 - 5:00
Location: The Polyclinic 1145 Broadway
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will be part of the Business Intelligence (BI) team that is responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance of the business intelligence infrastructure that supports the reporting and analytics needs for The Polyclinic. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will work directly with customers to gather the requirements and then translating those requirements into business intelligence project specifications. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer would then proceed to complete any work required within the physical, logical or presentation tiers to implement a complete end-to-end business intelligence solution. This could include creating ETL systems to acquire the appropriate data, developing TSQL stored procedures, performing other database development and troubleshooting activities, designing cubes or other logical layer interfaces, as well as creating front end products like dashboards, scorecards and operational reports. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer needs to have a breadth and depth of experience in order to select and apply the most appropriate solution for each problem set that is presented. In addition, the Senior Business Intelligence Developer will be expected to perform their activities with a minimal amount of supervision as well as to provide guidance and help to more junior level team members.
* Lead requirement gathering meetings with customers
* Understand the trade-offs between various solutions and select the most appropriate one for each situation
* Develop processes to manage type I and type II slowly changing dimensions
* Complete Full ETL development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance) utilizing SQL Server, SSIS or other similar technology
* Responsible for performance tuning and troubleshooting poorly or misbehaving processes
* Perform full lifecycle stored procedure development utilizing TSQL
* Present technical information to customer groups
* Responsible for full report creation lifecycle using tools such as Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft SQL Analytical Services, etc.
* Support full report creation lifecycle using tools such as Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft SQL Analytical Services, etc.
* Create and deploy BI self-service solutions
* Monitor and troubleshoot BI system performance issues
* Create views specifically for the logical tier of a data mart which address role playing dimensions
* Responsible for database object deployment and migration
* Lead efforts in data mapping, data discovery and data cleansing
* Design and develop departmental business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting solutions
* Develop artifacts in compliance with best practices
* Create and maintain appropriate documentation
* Monitor and proactively react to the teams ticketing system
* Participate/lead report/code walk-throughs
* Plan, create and execute unit test cases
* Work collaboratively with other BI Developers
* Provide estimates of project durations
* Provide regular project status updates to management and others
* Participate in standup and other regular scheduled team meetings
* Translate business requirements into BI and report specifications
* Receive and complete ad-hoc data extract and report requests
* Work on multiple concurrent projects and participate in software development lifecycle (SDLC) practices
* Support month end and other key business processes
* Proactively seek ways to improve existing processes and procedures
* Help maintain and enhance an extensive library of existing polyclinic reports and ETL processes
* Present diverse information in a succinct and understandable manner through reports and visualizations
* Perform quality assurance checks on new or enhanced reports
* Identify and resolve data reporting issues in a timely fashion
* Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
* All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and patients.
* Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
* Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
* Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as complete routine tasks independently.
* Bachelor's degree in an information technology related field or equivalent work experience
* Seven or more years of experience in Business Intelligence development
* Familiarity with EPIC/Clarity or other healthcare related data models and extraction methods
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair VB6 applications
* Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET development technologies (C# or VB.NET)
* Familiarity with Visual Basic for Microsoft OfficeAdept at working with a variety of data sources including flat files, Excel spreadsheets, 3rd normal form databases (OLTP) and dimensional/star schema databases (OLAP)
* Strong relational databases skills along with a demonstrable knowledge of relational database structures and best practices
* Highly developed SQL skills (Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL preferred)
* Broad experience in producing a variety of different types of reporting artifacts including operational reports, scorecards, cubes and dashboards
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio and the BIDS platform)
* Detailed knowledge of data warehouse development with an emphasis on star schemas
* Extensive experience with ETL development utilizing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or other ETL tools
* Intermediate familiarity with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel formatting, macro development, pivot tables, charts, database connections, etc.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Copyright © by The Polyclinic All Rights Reserved
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.