Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won't benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
At their core, Data Specialists at Wayfair are strong technical individuals who enjoy working with large data sets. They are comfortable working with both business users and engineers to develop tools and datasets enabling self-service analytics. There are significant opportunities for new team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
What You'll Do
* Implement big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs
* Build appropriate data architecture, data pipelines, reporting, data exploration, processes and quality controls to enable self-service Business Intelligence
* Develop curated data sets that are easily consumed by non-technical users
* Become the subject matter expert for a business unit to ensure accurate business metrics
* Partner with business users and engineers to identify the metrics and attributes required to address broad business needs
What You'll Need
* Strategic and innovative thinker, able to tailor technical implementations to complex business requirements
* 1-4 years of relevant work experience
* Collaborative and eager to partner with business reporting and engineering to execute the optimal technical implementation for analytics
* Excited about working with terabyte sized data sets to design scalable, robust analytic solutions
* Strong SQL background, including ETL transformations and data modelling to build systems to support data analytics
* Solid business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
* Experience implementing data-driven solutions, such as reporting, algorithms, or data integration systems to align business goals
* Programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.