The Data Science team is looking to hire a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst/Tableau Developer on the Finance Data Science team to help shape financial decisions and strategy by providing critical financial Tableau dashboards and analysis. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through complex data with SQL/Python, visualize company KPIs using Tableau, and optimize business financial performance through the use of data. You treat stakeholders as a partnership - you are there every step of the way, and you know that we only succeed if we succeed together.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members' interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members' financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge facing this new generation through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly innovative products. As the company has grown, we've been able to help more people with a wide range of products. Also, as our member base grows, SoFi can begin creating experiences that could help their members stay connected and support each other over time.
* Design, build, maintain and deploy complex reports in Tableau using a variety of data sources
* Take dashboard requirements and transfer into rapidly developed prototypes and working solutions
* Develop detailed data mapping and end-to-end process flows
* Collaborate with Data Science and Data Warehouse teams around data and table structures to optimize for financial KPI reporting
* Be part of a great team, but be capable of operating independently - managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners
* Be personable, approachable and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the business
* Remain detail-oriented while working across a wide variety of projects
Desired Skills and Experience
* 5+ years of experience using Tableau
* 5+ years of experience in data visualization
* Expert in data extraction using SQL
* Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking paired with Intellectual curiosity and aptitude in picking up new technical skills
* Ability to execute fast-paced and dynamic projects in a highly organized manner on a tight schedule
* Work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
* Degree in Computer Science, IT, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field
* Proficient with SQL(Postgres, MySQL, Snowflake), Python
* Tableau Certification highly desired
* Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
* Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
* A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
* Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
* 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
* 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
* Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
* Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
SoFi is a finance company offering a range of lending and wealth management services.