Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We began our journey by bringing together two industry-leading firms to form a foundation in tax-smart investing that is unreplaceable in the industry. TaxAct is an innovative tax software company that helps more than 4 million Americans prepare their own taxes each year. HD Vest is the first firm in the world to make it possible for tax professionals to support clients' wealth management needs (now over $45B for more than 300,000 Americans).
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone's job at Blucora, we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem- solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for measuring performance, analyzing customer behavior and trends, and delivering interactive reports to the business to enhance data-driven decisions.
Essentials Duties & Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to navigate multiple business lines and draw holistic insights from the tax and wealth management business
* Analyze large data sets of structured, semi-structured unstructured data to discover data insights and collaborate with business partners to deliver business value
* Advanced data visualization (Tableau) and dash-boarding skills to support business decisions, provide recommendations and evaluate business performance
* Ability to design interactive visualizations that enhance analytics storytelling and communicate of business performance
* Prepare and effectively present your findings to business stakeholders, including executive management in a concise fashion
* Support ad hoc business studies/reporting; inform segmentation, territory management and initiative reporting
* Other job duties as defined.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar required.
* Minimum of 5-7 years of proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
* Required advanced experience using analytics/visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
* Some knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, R, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
* Big data analytics experience is desired.
* Ability to work independently as well as partner with others and work well within a team.
* Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Blucora, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Blucora, Inc considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to know basis or as required by law. Please let us know if you need accommodations in order to participate in the application process.