Search for more jobs
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
* Job: 21333-ACOO
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Marketing Services
MathWorks is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to work closely with customers and data warehouse team to turn data into information and knowledge that can be used to make sound decisions. They provide data that is accurate, reliable, is easily accessible by displaying information in new form and conduct analysis and exploration. Candidate should be confident making critical decisions independently and eager to play a key role in the organization.
* Builds solid and strategic relationships with business leaders and clients (business partners and data warehouse team)
* Collaborates with business owners to document and identify gaps, prioritize need and recommends options
* Translates requirements into scalable reports and dashboards
* Identify opportunities to improve usability of reporting and analytics reports and dashboards
* Prepare and present results to management and clients
* Conduct end-user training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
* Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
* Develops work plans and manages multiple projects with quick turnaround
* Develops questionnaires and discussion guidelines
* Implements tools and frameworks for automating report generation and identification of data-quality issues
* Partners with data warehouse team to build and extend current data models based on business need
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
* Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
* Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
* 5+ years experience in business / customer intelligence, business analysis, or database marketing
* Ability to provide total analytic support which includes data extraction, developing reports and synthesizing data
* Demonstrates knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts
(e.g. Data Marts, Facts/Dimension tables, Star schema etc.)
* Experience with SQL and BusinessObjects or related application
(e.g. Cognos, Business Objects SAS, Microsoft Analytical Services, etc.)
* Ability to clearly explain technical and analytical information (verbally, written & in presentation format)
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.