Job Title: Senior Business Analyst, Finance Solutions
Reports to: Vice President, Finance
Direct reports: None
Job Code: E19-289
Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on transforming the migraine treatment paradigm through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutic antibodies. Alder's lead product candidate, eptinezumab, is a pivotal-stage monoclonal antibody (mAb) that inhibits calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP). Eptinezumab is currently in late-stage clinical development and, if approved, will be the first-to-market infusion therapy for migraine prevention. Alder is also developing ALD1910, a preclinical mAb that inhibits pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide-38 (PACAP-38) for migraine prevention.
Alder has submitted a Biologic Application License to the United States Food and Drug Administration for eptinezumab and plans to obtain regulatory approval in the United States for the treatment of patients with episodic and chronic migraine. Advancing and commercializing eptinezumab in the United States is Alder's priority and we are also exploring partnership opportunities to commercialize eptinezumab outside of the United States.
At Alder, transforming the migraine treatment paradigm isn't just something we say - it's what we do. It's our dedication each and every day to working to deliver a drug that can significantly improve the lives of those highly impacted by migraine. We do it for our spouses, our cousins, our friends, our co-workers, and the countless others suffering from migraine. For us, it's personal.
The Senior Business Analyst, Finance Solutions is responsible for providing operational direction and functional support for Alder's financial solutions which include Microsoft Dynamics 365, Coupa, Concur, Adaptive Insights, among others. You will partner closely with the IT Business Analyst and Finance users to identify business requirements, coordinate and support implementation of system changes, troubleshoot and resolve simple to complex issues, provide end-user functional support, and ensure systems are Sarbanes-Oxley compliant. As Alder's business needs evolve, so will the demands on our financial solutions; you will collaborate with the business to help design solutions to meet those needs and create business value.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Work with Business Application Owners, Finance Users and IT to understand requirements and identify approaches to meet their needs.
* Troubleshoot and resolve simple to complex software, data and system integration problems to support the Finance team.
* Act as a primary contact for both internal and external financial auditors for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
* Perform annual key reports testing with internal and external financial auditors, as well as design, maintain and run monthly audit reports.
* In collaboration with IT, assess patches, upgrades and releases from application vendors and recommend whether to execute on an upgrade.
* Validate business functions (pre-UAT) after installations, patches, etc. are completed by the vendor or IT team.
* In collaboration with IT, communicate bugs, defects and/or enhancements to vendor and facilitate inclusion on product roadmap as needed.
* Participate in regulatory and compliance audit support activities, as they pertain to financial systems, for both internal and external audits. Perform audit support tasks as assigned.
* Working close with the IT Business Analyst, assist in the implementation, configuration, integration, maintenance, and support of assigned financial applications.
* Understand and support manual and automated business processes surrounding the applications.
* Work with FP&A team to assist with maintenance and management of Adaptive Insights for scenario management, integration of application with D365, AI updates, security/user role management, etc.
* Work with assigned staff to understand and document the problem or required enhancement, research and provide a solution either on your own or with external consultants, initiate the project and deliver projects relevant to the application, while adhering to Alder's internal controls.
* Working with IT, develop and maintain system documentation including system context diagrams, integration points, file inputs and outputs, other.
* Provide after-hours support as needed to minimize business interruption
* Partner with Alder's IT department to initiate change management processes to schedule system changes and to ensure each is appropriately authorized, tested, approved and implemented with clearly defined back-out plans in case of failure.
* Play an integral role in the reporting, budgeting and planning processes, ensuring the system is fit for purpose, collaborating with FP&A around timelines and process.
* Take a leading role in managing the Company master data, ensuring all functions are aligned around a single source of truth. Work with other functional areas where numerical data is processed, such as HR, manufacturing and market research and determine the optimal system solution for management of data beyond finance.
* Research best practice and assess the latest innovations in finance systems, presenting opportunities to the finance team.
* Lead system training and knowledge sharing around systems usage best practice.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance, Information Systems, or Computer Science, or a combination.
* 4+ years of combined business/accounting/finance/systems analysis experience including project management, requirements, design, implementation, testing and support.
* 4+ years of technical system administration experience.
* 3+ years of experience supporting cloud-based applications.
* A strong understanding of the entire accounting cycle is required.
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 required.
* Experience with Adaptive Insights, Coupa, Concur, Management Reporter, FastPath GRC Studio highly desired.
* Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Highly developed troubleshooting skills; tenacity and hunger for finding the root cause.
* Keen attention to detail in planning, organizing and executing tasks.
* Strong documentation skills, including requirements, specifications and process flows.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to tailor approach based on audience and message.
* Able to work independently with limited supervision as well as effectively as a collaborative team player.
* Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust for effective working relationships across the company.
* A value-add, business partnering mindset, with an energy to strive for continuous improvement and best practice in a collaborative environment.
About Alder BioPharmaceuticals
Alder BioPharmaceuticals develops and seeks to commercialize genetically engineered therapeutic antibodies with the potential to meaningfully transform current treatment paradigms.