Responsible for identifying and documenting business processes through interviewing clients and reviewing and analyzing existing systems and processes. Articulates interrelationships and recasts business flow into system specifications. Conducts gap analyses to document discrepancies between business requirements and system capabilities. May develop project plans and ensure plan adherence. As system development progresses, may have input into reporting requirements/report development, user interfaces, and coordinates or conducts UAT and the final evaluation of the system solution. Serves as liaison between line business (client) and the IT organization.
* Requirements definition and analysis: collects and researches specific client requirements for projects, identifies requirements, gathers workflow data and basic system and reporting specifications. Develops, implements, and supports common business processes and tools. Recommends basic alternatives to address problems.
* Project planning and execution: participates in project management process, including participating in project meetings. May document issues, action items, user requirements, or deliverables from project meetings. Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations. Accomplishes all work within established methodologies and standards.
* Business User/Owner Application Support: Provides 2nd and 3rd tier application support for assigned application(s). Monitors production batch and ad hoc jobs as required to ensure proper functioning and completion of business operations. Researches and resolves technical and functional issues according to defined prioritization/severity scheme. Influences client and gains commitment to changes required.
* Account Management: Manages relationships with assigned customers/internal clients.
* Business and Process Improvement: Identifies opportunities for business or process improvement; makes associated recommendations and implements as appropriate.
* This role will support epic Tapestry for the TPMG Claims Support organization.
* The person will work on root cause analysis, open tickets, complete business requirements, and perform testing and validation.
* The will partner with the business and other groups to improve operational performance.
* Minimum five (5) years of related professional experience.
* Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Complete understanding and application of concepts, techniques and standards in general business analysis, as well as IT principles and practices. Skills required:
* Analysis/documentation of processes, methods, solutions, etc.
* Interpretive - translates business processes and requirements into system specifications.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Minimum eight (8) years of directly related experience.
* Epic/Claims experience strongly preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1950 Franklin 1950 Franklin Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 4:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Information Technology Department: TPMG FSC Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >