Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job:
The Resort Application Development Team is a software development team within Vail resorts that is focused on the support, maintenance and development of Guest Connect. Guest Connect is the Point of Sale system that sells Lift Tickets, Season Passes, Ski and Ride School and other miscellaneous products. This team interfaces with many other Vail Resorts applications such as our Digital platforms, Food and Beverage and Retail systems.
Vail Resorts is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst that has experience working in a fast paced agile software development environment.
The Resort Application Development (RAD) Team Senior Business Analyst will be required to provide support to the Guest Connect user community and lead software development projects involving the Guest Connect applications and interfaces.
A Senior BA on this team is seen as a subject matter expert and leads the gathering, documentation, and approval of business requirements. This individual works closely with the RAD Application Manager and developers to ensure the team is
* responding to evolving business requirements
* determining how technologies will continually assist these needs
* Troubleshooting ongoing support and maintenance issues.
Other responsibilities include quality assurance responsibilities, such as test script development and execution, creating production support and training documentation, mentoring junior team members as well as compliance responsibilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Work closely with the Application Manager, project manager and developers responding to evolving business requirements, determining how technologies will continually assist these needs.
* Lead the development of business, functional, and technical requirements related to the Guest Connect application, including facilitation of business stakeholders and preparation of wireframes, functional specifications, use cases and other documentation.
* Manage QA Life Cycle by developing test plans and test scripts, documenting test results, and reporting on results while coordinating usage of test environments.
* Lead and coordinate UAT testing for assigned releases
* Provide operational support for product applications, utilizing the Heat and Jira systems, including weekend on-call support on a rotational basis.
* Perform ongoing support and maintenance tasks as well as routine annual duties.
* Troubleshoot system issues and provide data to the user community as requested.
* Participate and/or lead focus groups to solicit user feedback based on current system usage and desired future system enhancements
* Ensure all work follows the SDLC process, meets SOX and PCI requirements, and maintain all required supporting documentation. Ensure all risk and compliance obligations are met
* Execution of Compliance & Controls Processes. Perform quarterly audit and compliance duties as assigned.
* Participate and be a leader in all agile ceremony meetings.
* Provide communication and training as required to key RPOS stakeholders/users on new system functionality, releases, and fixes.
* Execution of Project tasks as assigned
* Strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
* Proven track record using analytical and problem-solving skills
* Other duties as assigned
* Professional Business Analyst experience in an Agile/Scrum Software Development environment.
* Software Quality Assurance experience
* Test planning, use case development, test script creation and quality assurance
* MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project
* Experience with MS Development Technologies, including VB6, .Net, SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, etc
* Requirements gathering and documentation skills
* Process and technical writing skills
* Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
* Proven organizational and time- management skills
* Excellent Communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in related job experience
* Experience in a ski resort or hospitality field
* Prior RPOS/RTP or similar software application experience
* Automated Testing Experience
* Work order system experience, such as Heat, Jira, etc.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 167687