Verizon Media Group
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
As a Senior Big Data Software Engineer, you will be accountable for building data analytics solutions and products focused on content delivery network and video streaming.
* Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
* Apply architecture design patterns to develop technical solutions
* Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries and Java components
* Implement product features in a scrum development environment
* Use Big data technologies to enrich and transform data and do data analytics, machine learning
* Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery
* Complete code reviews and provide feedback relative to best practices, improving design and performance
* Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development
* Collaborate with peers across engineering teams to deliver project deliverables per defined timelines
Technology Stack / Priority:
* Spark, scala, Java
* Streaming systems like kafka
* Testing and deployment tools like ScalaTest and Jenkins
* Cloud services - AWS or Azure
* Batch orchestration tools like Oozie or Airflow
* Exposure to JSP/Servlets
* Understanding of MDM systems
* Hands on python experience
* NoSQL experience like DynamoDB or Hbase
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
* 10+ years hands-on expertise
* 5+ years hands-on expertise with Big Data technologies
* 5+ years experience is Data Warehouse design and implementation
* Big Data Application Development specific skills: Spark, Scala, Map Reduce, SQL, Python
* Demonstrated expertise in Java programs, applications, and frameworks
* Prior experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
* Clear and concise communication
* Network CDN traffic analytics and monitoring
* Ads Analytics
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.