Mars Commercial (Procurement) manages a significant part of Mars’ P&L, ensuring that our organization continuously improves our cost base while driving improvements in quality and innovation. This team is embarking on an ambitious and exciting journey to transform our analytics capabilities. This will involve building core foundations to push information to our Commercial associates while delivering fast results to our category teams by developing decision-making tools that solve complex problems.
What you’ll do
Keeping the data flowing and readily available to solve problems that need immediate solutions is core to what you’ll do. Your passion for big data challenges around innovation, emerging technologies and legacy environments drives your desire to design and implement next-gen solutions to traditional business challenges. You’re ready to step up and take charge of developing data-driven processes that improve the functionality of your stakeholders and result in leaner operations, processes and profitability.
Some of your day-to-day work will include, but won’t be limited to:
* Leading the effort to develop well-designed modular code that’s usable and easily maintained
* Taking ownership of establishing proprietary internal libraries of shareable functions to establish a standardization for engineering work
* Engineering data-centric solutions from scratch through the incorporation of ongoing emerging technologies
* Taking ownership of an untamed data lake and turning into highly functional, pristine data sources
* Supporting the big data strategies of your stakeholders through self-service analytics, real-time decision engines and AI/ML advances
* Staying abreast of emerging technologies, architecture patterns, programming languages and ML algorithms and assuming the mentorship and training of other team members
* Collecting functional and non-functional client requirements while monitoring technical environments, business constraints and enterprise requirements
What you’ll need
* Minimum 7 years of experience preferred within a Big Data Azure and/or AWS environment
* Prior experience within a Procurement environment is preferred; knowledge of SAP Procurement-related modules will be helpful
* Experience with or exposure to the FMCG/CPG industry or Procurement
* Possess the ability to bring together divergent data sets that meet the requirements of the Data Science and Data Analytics teams
* Proficiency with data modelling, query techniques and complexity analysis
* Experience with cloud, container and micro service infrastructures
* Technical expertise with emerging Big Data technologies, such as: Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Clojure, Git, Flink, Elasticsearch, SQL, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and DNB (databricks); visualization tools: Tableau and PowerBI
* A good understanding of and adherence to data security standards
* A Bachelor’s in computer science or similar disciplines
Inspiring the whole Mars business to adopt data driven decision-making by developing advanced analytics methods using Machine Learning/AI is huge in your role. How? By mining vast amounts of data from company databases for insights that will help solve business problems and ultimately make Mars more profitable.
This is an exciting time at Mars. We’re using digital, data and user insights to transform our business by finding answers to problems that we’ve often never asked ourselves before. From joining the dots to improve our data ecosystem, to streamlining the efficiency and automation of our supply chain and quality operations, we’re already seeing some brilliant results. In fact, we’ve built so much momentum that we’re now looking for industry leaders in Business Translation, Data Science and Data Engineering with different and complementary skills to influence how we operate and grow beyond anything we’ve achieved before. Join us, and discover a company set up to develop your capabilities and ambitions and a group of colleagues ready to support and inspire you. Working together, we’ll create a better world for our planet, our communities and our pets.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.