Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
At Hulu, data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether it's related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets. This data is deeply valuable and gives us insights into how we can continue improving our service for our users, advertisers and our content partners. Our data team is seeking a hardworking Senior Data Engineer with a strong technical background and is passionate about diving deep into Data. If you are motivated by building state of the art data analytics solutions, this is place for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* You will collaborate with data product managers, data architects and data engineers to design, implement, and deliver successful data solutions
* Architect and oversee complex data workflows based on data integration between Kafka, Apache Spark, Impala and other similar system
* Automate workflows using Apache Airflow.
* Define technical requirements and implementation details for the underlying data warehouse and data marts
* Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and governance
* Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and support commitment to the customers
* Be an active participant and advocate of agile/scrum practice to ensure health and process improvements for your team
WHAT TO BRING
* 8+ years of data engineering experience developing large data system
* 3+ years of hands-on experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Hadoop, Spark (scala) is required
* Over 1 year of experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie etc) is required
* Implement data structures using the best methodologies in data modeling
* Proven experience with at least one major RDBMS (SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle)
* Expert level experience with SQL/TSQL and ability to create and tune queries
* You have experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
* Hands on experience with MapReduce or other Hadoop implementations including a deep understanding of Hive or Pig to query and process data in Hadoop
* Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
* Experience with cloud solutions (AWS, Redshift, Snowflake, other)
* Knowledge of Advertising domain
* Experience with Atscale, Impala
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.