Senior Big Data Engineer Req I D
Senior Big Data Engineer
At Client, we work to build and improve a platform that helps real estate professionals work effectively, and helps delight home buyers and sellers with an excellent experience. We do that by combining great technology with great people - and we're looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our team.
What we're looking for:
You're a talented, creative, and motivated engineer who loves developing powerful, stable, and intuitive apps - and you're excited to work with a team of individuals with that same passion. You've accumulated years of experience, and you're excited about taking your mastery of Big Data and Java to a new level. You enjoy challenging projects involving big data sets and are cool under pressure. You're no stranger to fast-paced environments and agile development methodologies - in fact, you embrace them. With your strong analytical skills, your unwavering commitment to quality, your excellent technical skills, and your collaborative work ethic, you'll do great things here at Client.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for designing and building high performance, scalable data solutions that meet the needs of millions of agents, brokers, home buyers, and sellers. You'll design, develop, and test robust, scalable data platform components. You'll work with a variety of teams and individuals, including product engineers to understand their data pipeline needs and come up with innovative solutions. You'll work with a team of talented engineers and collaborate with product managers and designers to help define new data products and features.
Skills, accomplishments, interests you should have:
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience
* 6+ years core Java experience: building business logic layers and back-end systems for high-volume pipelines
* Experience with spark streaming and scala
* Current experience in Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce and HDFS, Cassandra / HBase
* Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
* Current experience using Java development, SQL Database systems, and Apache products
* Experience with high-speed messaging frameworks and streaming (kafka, akka,reactive)
* Current experience developing and deploying applications to a public cloud (AWS, GCE)
* Experience with DevOps tools (GitHub, TravisCI, Jira) and methodologies (Lean, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development)
* Experience with data science and machine/deep learning a plus
* Ability to work quickly with an eye towards writing clean code that is efficient and reusable
* Ability to build prototypes for new features that will delight our users and are consistent with business goals
* Ability to iterate quickly in an agile development process
* Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate multiple technologies to solve a problem
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
Nice to haves:
* Experience mentoring or acting in a lead capacity
* Here at Client, we love to celebrate and share with one another-from volunteering and having pizza movie nights to playing on our company sports teams and hosting our annual baking competitions and international potlucks.