The Ensign Group
Ensign Services, Inc. seeks a talented and energetic Senior Business Intelligence Developer as it serves the needs of our rapidly-expanding client base across the United States. This position is based at ESI's South Orange County Service Center.
About the Company
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the exploding healthcare services field today. Dedicated to restoring public confidence in the healthcare industry, ESI has assembled a team of highly competent, dedicated and caring individuals who are creating a new standard of excellence for healthcare providers everywhere.
ESI currently serves over 300 long-term care, home health and hospice facilities with nearly 31,000 employees across many different states. These facilities have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the "Service Center," a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual facilities.
We have a unique set of core values that shape our organization. They include- CELEBRATION, ACCOUNTABILITY, PASSION FOR LEARNING, LOVE ONE ANOTHER, INTELLIGENT RISK TAKING, CUSTOMER SECOND AND OWNERSHIP. These core values allow us to successfully serve the operations we support.
About the Opportunity
We currently seek an experienced Sr BI Developer who will be a passionate power contributor who blends solid scripting skills with proven automation tool suite experience. The candidate should be able to work well with a team of infrastructure engineers, system engineers, network engineers, and help desk escalation staff to help maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot our fast paced and growing environment.
The position will be a member of the ESI BI team. The team is responsible for bringing in a large volume of data into the data environment including the data warehouse from a wide variety of internal and external sources. The team ensures that all data entering the environment is of high quality, integrity, and appropriate timeliness. The team members must use knowledge of software design principals, approaches, methods, and procedures to design and develop as well as optimize and integrate systems, data, and their components.
Day to day Activities Include
* Identifies, documents and analyzes business and system requirements to design and maintain software, analytics, and application/data integrations that meet technical and functional requirements.
* Analyze design tradeoffs and make recommendations that will meet the requirements.
* Designs and implements efficient software/system components as well as provide review and guidance for Jr. team members where necessary.
* Develops and tunes code or queries, reports, and or dashboards.
* Perform routine system reviews and make refinement recommendations that adhere to database operations and systems performance standards.
* Design, maintain and optimize metadata models, data marts, cubes and cubelets for warehouse infrastructure workflow and provide guidance for Jr. team members where necessary.
* Integrate new data elements from internal or external sources to enhance analytics in support of the business performance management an decision support systems.
* Provide timely and courteous support to both internal IT teams and internal business customers; Network & Infrastructure Systems, Application Support and Help Desk Escalations, Finance & Accounting and Operations.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
Percentage of time devoted to each duty
* 20% Gather, document and analyze business and systems requirements.
* 60% Design and implement
* 10% review and optimize
* 10% support
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related computer field with major courses in computer and computer operating systems.
* 5+ Years Experience in .Net, C#, Python, T-SQL
* Experience with Flask, Pandas, Jupyter, d3.js
* 5+ Years Experience working with SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, OLAP, Dundas
* Experience with IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, AWS a plus
* Proven experience and strong knowledge of deployment strategies.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of SDLC.
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment.
* Experience with Jira or ServiceNow.
* Proven Experience Enterprise Orchestration and Automation.
* Participate in regularly scheduled updates, ensuring all business needs related to the daily operation of supported systems are met consistently on a timely basis.
* Conduct testing and participate in the configuration of application software.
* Participate in an on-call rotation, providing additional off hours support when needed, both independently and alongside other internal and external support teams.
* Outstanding communication skills - written and verbal.
* Ability to prioritize, multitask and work under time constraints.
ESI offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive base salary and benefits, plus eligibility for bonuses and stock options. Success will only be limited by performance.
If you'd like to make the world a better place and believe you can meet the expectations outlined above, please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for our organization!
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Regular Full Time, Employee
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, vacation pay, holiday pay, fun and supportive work environment
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita California
All inquiries held in confidence. No phone calls or agencies/third party/recruiting please.
Ensign Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment drug screening required.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs
About The Ensign Group
The Ensign Group provides health care services in the post-acute care continuum and other ancillary businesses.