Senior BI Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of the team responsible for supporting, designing and configuring Edelman's global applications. While the role will be primarily focused on global deployment and enhancements of the BI stack of reporting tools, the right candidate will be provided an opportunity to grow and learn a variety of applications and business areas over time.
Responsibilities and Expectations
* To serve as the link between the business and all application development, support, and maintenance activities, providing strategic consulting-level support and guidance.
* The position will be focused on implementing new reporting solutions, with a primary focus on data analysis and interpreting and documenting BI solutions.
* The position is located in the United States, though the scope of responsibility will be global.
* Gathering business requirements, creating detailed functional specifications, and working with the technical team to implement designs.
* Providing functional expertise to end users and the technical team to help translate data into our data warehouse, with an emphasis on information coming from Peoplesoft Time Entry, GL, Contracts, Billing, and other back office modules as needed.
* Supervising testing, performing fit-gap analysis, and guiding the configuration of new platforms using both delivered as well as customized functionality.
Skills and Qualifications
* Strong analytical skills. Familiarity with reading and writing basic SQL queries.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience writing functional design documents.
* 5 or more years of experience with data and analytics tools such as Tableau and Microsoft SQL Server.
* 5 or more years of experience with PeopleSoft 8.4 or greater including some of the following modules: AR, AP, PO, GL, BI, CT, AM, PC, T&E, & VAT.
* Ability to prioritize job responsibilities in a dynamic and rapidly changing work environment.
* Solid understanding of business analysis and basic accounting practices. Ability to identify, document, and implement potential business process improvements.
* Expertise in PeopleSoft 9.0 GL, Contracts, Billing, and Project Costing strongly preferred.