Location: San Mateo
At Owler, you will have the opportunity to build products that millions of business professionals, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, use every day. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you'll be a critical part of a small and dedicated team, with the opportunity to make a huge impact. Your contributions will power the systems that serve the rapidly growing Owler community.
Owler has built the most comprehensive and accurate community-powered dataset available on over 12 million public and private businesses. Since 2015, our MAU base has grown from 5,000 to ~3M. Owler Pro helps professionals discover new opportunities with powerful prospecting tools, and track the companies that matter to them with a concise daily news snapshot and real-time alerts. We are funded and backed by top Silicon Valley VCs, including Norwest Venture Partners and Trinity Ventures.
What will I be doing?As a senior member of the engineering team you will:
* Design and build microservices and other back end systems that are the foundation of the Owler platform.
* Work with a large arsenal of technologies such as Golang, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, and Solr, in a fast-paced environment that lets you make an impact every day.
* Research, evaluate and analyze technical and design requirements to optimize for scalability and high availability, in a built-for-the-cloud environment.
* Maintain and improve existing systems and architectures to expand Owler's reach while supporting our large customer base of API customers.
* Collaborate and work in a small team with senior product managers and engineers to solve problems that no one else can.
* Mentor junior team members, with lots of opportunity to grow your career.
What skills/experience do I need?
* 5+ years of experience in a backend engineering role, including all phases of the product life cycle, preferably working at a startup.
* Experience working within a microservices infrastructure, both at coding level as well as design/architecture level.
* Ability to demonstrate the impact of your work on the product and/or team.
* Experience with one or more technologies we use in our stack is a must.
* Passion to build systems with a strong DevOps emphasis, easily deployable, upgradeable, measurable
* Ability to work within a small team with a problem-solving attitude.
* Track record of being a strong collaborator and communicator.
* Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Stock Options / Equity
* Unlimited Vacation Time / Flex time
* Company-sponsored meals, snacks, etc.
* Strong bi-directional learning culture. You'll learn from us, and we will learn from you
* Office Dogs! We like dogs. Do you?
Owler is a community-based business insights platform.