Valimail is hiring in Denver, CO!
Join an award-winning startup in the heart of San Francisco from the comfort of a WeWork (or similar office style) in Denver, CO.
Imagine working on a global communication network that's used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There's just one problem: Because authentication isn't built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it's wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or "fake news" in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We've built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards - DMARC, DKIM, and SPF - that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We're committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we are active participants in the open source and standards communities. We're co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
If you like the idea of working on planetary-scale messaging systems with some of the latest tools and making a difference in the lives of half the world's population, we'd love to talk to you.
What You'll be Doing
* Breaking up a monolithic application into a platform of services
* Building mission-critical systems to support Valimail's expanding product portfolio
* Scaling up a global cloud-based infrastructure
* Improving systems to manage and process large amounts of data
* Extensive experience building high-performance backend systems
* 7+ years backend programming experience in more than one language (including Ruby)
* Experience building, provisioning, and deploying services in the cloud (ideally AWS) in an automated fashion
* A commitment to automation across the board: testing, coding standards, deployment, configuration management
* Ability to quickly diagnose and resolve problems
* Prior experience at an early stage startup preferred but not necessary
* Proficiency in Go, C, Python, or Rust
* Track record of contributing to or maintaining open source projects
* Prior involvement with standards bodies such as the IETF
* Ability to shepherd complex technical concepts through external parties with competing interests, such as open source communities and standards bodies
* Deep expertise with network protocols like DNS
* Understanding of email authentication standards
* Passion for security
Check out our award winning culture here: https://www.valimail.com/careers/engineers/
* Best Places to Work 2018
All candidates must be local or willing to commute to Denver, Colorado
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more. Valimail is based in San Francisco. For more information visit www.Valimail.com.