Sr. Azure HPC Network Architect
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world's most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that's why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what's next.
At Cray we're always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We're not developing products for next quarter. We're developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That's how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what's coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
This Cloud Solutions Architect will lead the design and implementation of integrating Microsoft Azure with Cray's supercomputing technologies. This is a customer facing role with end-to-end responsibility for creating custom solutions that leverage Cray technologies within a Microsoft Azure environment. You'll apply your advanced knowledge, skills, and experiences with Microsoft Azure networking, security, identity and access management solutions, enterprise networking, operations and monitoring to enable both hybrid and private cloud solutions that delight our customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, build and integrate supercomputing technologies with Cray compute and parallel file system storage solutions within Azure.
* Design, configure, setup and document network services such as Azure vNET's, VPN's, VPN gateways, VLAN's with Azure ExpressRoute, IP addresses, subnets, vNET peering, VIP's
* Design, configure, setup and document security, firewall, access controls, authentication schemes, network security groups using LDAP and Active Directory
* Train Cray operations and support team members on using and administering supercomputing technologies in the Microsoft Azure environment, ensuring team can monitor, identify issues, troubleshoot, operate, monitor and resolve customer support issues. May occasionally train customers to manage their own systems in the Azure environment.
* Triage and troubleshoot escalations on customer issues.
* Will report to Manager of DevOps, who oversees cloud systems admins, and DevOps Engineers. Does not need a background in Supercomputing but some level of experience in integration engineering with computing and storage.
* Travel up to 20%, as needed
Requirements Required Skills and Background:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred; graduate level coursework desired but not required
* Typically requires a minimum of 8 years' directly-related experience, designing and developing tools within the Microsoft Azure environment.
* Must have 5 years hands on experience with Azure Networking technologies (ExpressRoute, VPN, Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups, Traffic Manager, etc.).
* Must have 5 years hands on experience operating, designing and troubleshooting enterprise networks
* Certification(s) in networking technologies (e.g. CCNA, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE) preferred
* Certification in Azure infrastructure (exams 70-533 or 70-534) preferred
* Experience in enterprise automation using PowerShell, Perl, Python or equivalent.
* Strong Linux skills
* Deep technical knowledge of implementation scenarios for Networking including key capabilities of networking principles such as the OSI Model, TCP/IP, switching, routing (BGP, OSPF, RIP/IGRP), load balancing, monitoring, network virtual appliances, SDN, MPLS and network security technologies (Firewall, IDS/IPS, Proxy, VPN).
* Punctuality; academic credentials; ability to learn quickly; creative thinker; works closely with end customers; selfless team player
* Enterprise networking and networking infrastructure subject matter expert.
* Ability to provide meaningful technical feedback to network engineering groups.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of large scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be collaborative, team player, who can act as a change agent and influence peers, management, and customers
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
About Cray Inc.
Cray designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services computing systems, and data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.