Note to applicants: Resumes are required as part of your application. When applying from a mobile device or tablet, you may not be able to attach a resume. If you cannot attach a resume at the time of your application, you will receive a follow up email asking you to attach your resume from a computer.
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Systems, Dimensional Fund Advisors is seeking a highly motivated and experienced IT professional as a member of the Systems team. The primary focus will include engineering level development, automation and operational support of a global enterprise leveraging on premise and cloud technologies.
The successful candidate for this position will be analytical and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve. Additionally, they must be highly skilled in working with business users, external parties, and other technology groups (architecture, network, applications, service desk, etc.). The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight as well as be versed in ITIL best practices associated with service, change and continuity management.
* Design and engineer infrastructure technologies in support of best practice, business continuity, performance/reliability, and security requirements
* Transition solutions from architecture through operations including implementation, testing, go live, operating procedures, monitoring and performance/capacity management
* Develop, maintain and support system standards through configuration management and automation scripting and tools
* Lead root cause analysis and resolution of complex system/storage incidents and problems
* Provide operational support of DFA's storage and server environment and associated applications and participate in global support rotation
* Ensure appropriate system monitoring, alerting and reporting is implemented and supported globally including uptime, performance, capacity, and utilization/show back.
* Implement, administer and support enterprise backup, high availability and disaster recovery solutions and processes across the global enterprise
* Identify and lead new initiatives and provide guidance and support on advancing infrastructure technologies
* Provide high-quality communication and documentation relating to project and work tasks as well as any incidents and outages
* BS, BA in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS, or relevant technology degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degrees are a plus
* 5 years systems administration/engineering of virtualized infrastructure; VMware, vCenter (Operations), vSphere, vRealize Suite (Operations, Automation)
* Demonstrated expertise in deployment, tuning, capacity, and performance monitoring highly available VMware/ESXi virtual environments
* Experience in virtual cloud platforms and services; private and hybrid including use of Integrated Containers, Docker and OpenStack
* Experience and knowledge of Windows Server 2012, 2016 and forward including Active Directory, Group Policy, Clustering, DFS, DNS, DHCP, WDS, IIS
* Experience and knowledge of Microsoft SCCM and SCORCH
* Relevant experience in shared storage technologies and administration roles, specifically with EMC VMAX, and Isilon.
* Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skillset
* Ability to lead discussions on complex technical issues
* Excellent customer service attitude, written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
* Technical accreditation or successful completion of vendor certified training (Microsoft, EMC, VMware, Citrix)
* Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL database management and replication
* Experience utilizing virtualized network platforms/components such as NSX
* ITIL certification to the foundation level or higher
* Experience using Service Now as CMDB, incident, problem, change and time tracking application
* Previous experience managing systems in the financial industry
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.