Clarendon Center (12089), United States of America, Arlington, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Project Manager
Capital One is hiring a Scrum Master to support one or more delivery teams @capitalonelabs. As a Scrum Master, you will be a critical member of 1-2 core delivery teams, discovering and delivering the latest and greatest in new products and technology for Capital One. You'll also be a member of the Labs Agile Team, a tight knit community of fellow Scrum Masters and Project Managers who support Labs projects. You will be empowered to build high performing teams, and accountable for facilitating Agile ceremonies including sprint planning, standup, backlog refinement, and retrospectives. You will work closely with Product and Tech team members and will be responsible for the management of complex, high value technology delivery projects. As the Scrum Master, the team will look to you to facilitate collaboration and create the right environment for a high performing development team to thrive.
* Serve as Scrum Master for up to two Agile teams * Uphold Agile values and principles; facilitate Agile ceremonies * Focus teams to deliver value quickly * Foster a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement * Coordinate across other Agile teams for complex projects * Escalate and/or resolve impediments to help your team ship code * Coach the team to improve collaboration and self-organization * Leverage data to measure & monitor progress against commitments * Review the team cadences to ensure all meetings are valuable and effective * Coach sprint and product teams on the basics of Scrum or Kanban (as needed)
How You Operate
* Collaborator with strong partnering skills * Structured thinker who can bring order to chaos in ways that advance the strategy and execution of the Labs * Not afraid to drive execution on priorities, and works with a sense of urgency * Achievement oriented and seeks high levels of activity, fast-paced environment
Capital One Labs builds fundamentally new products, consumer experiences, and technology strategies that advance Capital One as a payments, identity and machine learning leader. We focus on efforts with business impact in six months to three years. We have expertise in consumer experience design, early stage business and product development, product experimentation, and an understanding of emerging technologies. We look beyond today to bring new ideas, products, and processes to Capital One that will elevate our customers, each other, Labs, Capital One, and the entire financial industry. You will be part of the Labs Agile Team, which is a hub for all things Labs. We're the ultimate problem solvers because we solve for both the short-term need and identify patterns to optimize for the long term. This is hard work, and it's incredibly rewarding because we get to touch just about everything in Labs.
The Labs Values
* Put customer first, always * Lead with humility * Break the right glass * Trust your tribe * Show don't tell * Create building blocks * Learn then teach
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience * At least 1 year of experience leading Agile teams * At least 1 year of experience in Project Management
* Lean or Agile certification * Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business or Project Management * CSM (Certified Scrum Master) * Proficient knowledge JIRA
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.