Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Technology Risk - Cyber Security for our KPMG Risk Consulting practice.
* Perform host, network, and mobile device forensics; malware triage; and cyber incident response
* Provide technology advisory services to enhance forensic client engagements
* Recognize common attacker tools, tactics, and procedures
* Provide oversight for on-site examinations and collections
* Research and develop new digital forensics scripts, tools, and methodologies
* Assess and troubleshoot a variety of technical issues, and support a cyber response lab in a technically secure environment
* Minimum of three years of experience in digital forensics and incident response
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred)
* Technical proficiency in Windows operating system internals, disk (NTFS, FAT32, and exFAT file systems) forensics, and proficiency in Windows memory forensics and in at least one of the following areas: network security/traffic/log analysis; Linux and/or Mac/Unix operating system forensics; Linux/Unix disk forensics (ext2/3/4, HFS+, and/or APFS file systems), advanced memory forensics, static and dynamic malware analysis / reverse engineering, advanced mobile device forensics
* Advanced experience in industry computer forensic tools such as X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, Internet Evidence Finder (IEF) / AXIOM, TZWorks, and/or Cellebrite and in preservation of digital evidence (including experience preserving cloud data and handling encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault, and/or LUKS), and in at least one scripting/programming language (Python preferred), and/or extensive experience with text processing in a Linux/Unix shell environment (e.g., cut, sed, awk, grep, and iconv)
* Travel may be up to 80-100%, work in a fast paced, results driven environment, grasp new technology, and contribute at a rapid pace
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.