Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Configuration Management to join our Digital Nexus technology organization. This opportunity is open to internal candidates from all KPMG US locations and external candidates interested in being based in one of the cities listed within this posting.
* Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of all Configuration Management Database (CMDB) processes and activities while executing the description, mission statement, roadmap, strategy, process objectives and metrics to measure success for the CMDB and the Configuration Management processes along with its associated activities
* Detect opportunities to implement best practices to support a collection of up-to-date and inter-related configuration and compliance metrics for IT infrastructure, applications, and business services to ensure data reliability, durability, and availability
* Participate in the reconciliation of CMDB data, ensuring exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories; Lead efforts to correct any gaps or inefficiencies in CMDB data, including Configuration Items and their respective attributes
* Identify opportunities to establish audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity and confirm accountable parties are in compliance with the usage of the Configuration Management Database processes
* Work closely with other IT Service Management (ITSM) process owners to promote close alignment and integration with Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Release Management.
* Establish a culture of continual service improvement, especially in the automation of processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data; promote the awareness, acceptance, and compliance of the Configuration Management process
* Minimum three years' experience working with ServiceNow CMDB and Configuration Management, preferably in large Enterprise environments
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
* Experience with Configuration Management (CMDB) required.
* Prior knowledge working with ServiceNow
* ITIL Foundation certification is preferred
* Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work with the ability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.