Aetnas mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetnas digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna Digital is looking for a Senior Web Architect (Front End/ Responsive Applications) that will interface with several disciplines within various BUs of Aetna including UI, PM, Partners, Engineering, etc., as well as outside partners & vendors towards the creation of a unified customer facing experience. This role requires talented software development professional with a deep technical background and experience building excellent user focused solutions and who will drive forward innovation to deliver cutting edge application solutions.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application architecture and design.
* 10+ years of modern front-end development experience. Familiar with current technologies & trends.
* Interest in keeping abreast of new technologies
* Good sense of how mobile apps should be architected to enhance stability, performance, maintainability and extensibility.
* Ability to coordinate the architectural growth and develop across several scrum teams.
* Ability to source issues, problems & ideas from developers, and well as corral teams to come up with solid solutions.
* Collaborate with internal & external groups, partner with vendors to extend the platform as needed.
* Strong interest in user-experience design and how it should be applied to application design.
* Self-motivated, seeking out opportunities to move the application, its design and architecture forward based on projected features and roadmap visions.
* Also seeks out technologies & concepts to help influence product direction going forward.
* Should enjoy communicating with developers, reaching out, connecting to pull and push ideas, thoughts and concepts.
* Passion for technology and a high technical aptitude.
* Enjoys the challenges associated with creating software for large audiences
* A disciplined approach to software development and problem solving
* 10+ years development experience
* Experience with design and development of complex systems; including requirements analysis, estimation, implementation and testing
* Understanding of designing Response Web Applications
* Experience architecting and developing large code base, feature rich applications.
* Go get attitude
* Excellent verbal and written communications
* Working in an Agile SDLC
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.