Do you have a passion for Data? Do you dream of working with customers on their most forward looking AI initiatives? Are you interested in natural language processing or information retrieval? Does the challenge of developing modern machine learning solutions to solve real-world business problems sound exciting to you?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you about joining the CSE Machine Learning team. We are a group that engages partners in all corners of the world and work alongside them to build a new breed of intelligent solutions and systems. We are looking for an Applied Machine Learning Scientist with strong analytical and development skills to join our expanding team.
The most successful candidates will have several years of real-world experience building production ML/AI systems and applying machine learning algorithms across a breadth of modern technology platforms. They are customer focused and practical, enjoy challenging projects and have strong analytical skills, technical aptitude, software engineering, applied research, communication skills and a collaborative work style.
* MS/PhD in Computer Science, EE, Statistics, Computational Linguistics or equivalent technical field.
* 5+ years of solid understanding of common statistical and machine learning techniques, both classical machine learning and deep learning.
* 5+ experience with end-to-end ML implementation, including data pre-processing, feature engineering and tuning of ML models during training and in production.
* Broad ML experience across a variety of applications, but a deeper expertise in one or more topics (text, vision, structured data).
* Working knowledge and/or interest in natural language processing problems (such as Named Entity Recognition, Text Classification, Search, Summarization etc.) is an advantage.
* Skilled in Python ML/NLP frameworks, and at least one major programming language such as C#.
* Experience with application development practices and version control systems.
* Experience with working on big data pipelines and cloud solutions.
* Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure cloud or another cloud platform is a plus.
* Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative and lead engagements as required, and communicate effectively with customers and your colleagues.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Developing and deploying solutions with Microsoft Partners for solving business problems using machine (deep) learning and predictive modeling techniques;
* End-to-end execution of the data science process, from understanding business requirements, data discovery and extraction, model development and evaluation, to production pipeline implementation.
* Building production level ML/AI solutions, with solid software engineering and ML/AI principles.
* Providing technical subject matter expertise in OSS and Microsoft big data technologies, to develop technical content in support of developer events, support architecture design sessions, and unblock critical scenarios for our partners.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.