Senior Application Support Engineer
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Application Support Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
This role requires the candidate to perform troubleshooting, incident resolution, and prevention within the content management system (CMS) for the Digital Customer Experience. As a member of the 3rd level support team, the candidate needs to be able to support and maintain applications written in Java, shell scripting, and utilizing common full stack web development technologies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Troubleshoot production issues and restore service by resolving customer-facing incidents
* Troubleshoot and implement corrections to problems associated with connectivity between the supported applications and the clients they serve
* Provide technical guidance, in the diagnosis of issues as they arise in support of critical applications
* Drive collaboration sessions among IT and business groups to facilitate optimal support and operation of the relevant applications
* Contribute to the design, implementation and enhancement of critical applications
* Perform proactive analysis and troubleshooting to predict and prevent production incidents
* Define and contribute to monitoring capabilities for critical applications
* Collaborate with key vendors on functional, performance and capacity improvements
* Design and build tools to automate support and monitoring functions
* Provide 3rd level support for a customer-facing activity that require 24x7 availability, including after-hours and on-call activities
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
* Passionate about maintaining quality solutions and providing superior customer service
* Innovative thinker with a passion to solve challenging problems.
* Results oriented person with an ability to work well in a team or as an individual contributor
* Strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to quickly diagnose complex production issues
* Strong experience programming in Java is preferred
* Strong experience with UNIX Shell scripting is preferred
* Some experience with Windows Power Shell or batch programming is preferred.
* Understanding of the digital customer experience industry is preferred
* Strong knowledge of web and application server capabilities and configuration is required
* Some experience in database management and development is required
* Some experience writing SQL against MS SQL Server and Oracle databases is preferred
* Some experience and knowledge of a UNIX & Windows Operating System is required
* Basic understanding of TCPIP and HTTP protocols is required
* Some experience with creating or managing applications working in collaboration with our PAAS providers
* Basic understanding of common security schemes and protocols preferred (SSL, TLS, etc.)
* Some experience and knowledge of DataStage (ETL) is preferred
* Some experience and knowledge of DataPower is preferred
* Good understanding of CI/CD deployment and version control technologies and methodologies
* Good understanding of the Agile development methodology is preferred
* Good understanding of testing activities and methodologies
* Good understanding of configuration management
* Good understanding of integration solutions such as MQ messaging and Message Broker, web services, and ETL
* Good understanding of infrastructure deployment architectures (DMZ, load balancers, firewalls, IPs, etc....)
* Proven skills communicating across various levels of an organization
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.