Bank Of New York Mellon
As a Production Support Engineer, you will have a lead role in providing technical support to more complex situations in BNY Mellon's Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT).
* Responsible for managing overall availability, reliability, and defect prevention.
* Respond to, diagnose, and resolve service disruptions
* Identify, define, and implement required monitoring and automation solutions
* Conduct root cause analysis for complex production issues
* Create and maintain support documentation and procedures
* Ability to deal with time sensitive issues in support of critical service level commitments
* Provide rotational support for the Applications within CCT ( Batch, Online)
* Contribute to developing Tools, CCT Support Portal ( Angular, Rest API, Queries against Oracle DB)
* Customizing Tools/Synthetics Like Cloud Prober, APPD etc.
* Developing Automation Health checks for App Health
Sr. Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. Interacts directly with clients regarding project activities. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial
* 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required
* Java application support and development experience.
* Experience with scripting languages - Perl, Bash, Maven etc.
* Automated deployment experience using technology such as Jenkins.
* Analytic, data driven, and strong debugging skills
* Familiarity with ITIL Service Management.
* Experience with monitoring tools a plus - AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace, Cloud Proper, Grafana, Moogsoft or related solutions.
* Strong communication skills, and a positive and pro-active attitude
* Tools development using ( Angular, Rest API, Queries against Oracle DB) is plus
* Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45167
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1908145
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon