Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals - and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
The IT Change department has around 100 employees, managing numerous change roadmaps across all areas of the firm, including vendor implementations, regulatory change, in-house development, as well as overseeing change delivery from third party suppliers.
Overview of the Role
The team is responsible for the production management for Janus Henderson business specific applications, which underpin the investment process. The aim of the team is to ensure a reliable and stable environment across the tools, which run our business.
The customer base is predominately made up of Analysts, Portfolio Management teams and Traders across the firm, along with associate functions, such as Compliance and Investment Operations. This support team has been embedded within the investment floor to enable swift resolution of issues and ensure strong relationships with our key users are maintained.
This role is a mixture of pro-active monitoring of key process, such as start of day readiness, along with
support assignment tasks. These tasks are assigned to individual team members either from a central helpdesk application, face to face contact or via the telephone. Teams members are expected to engage with end users at all levels throughout the process, clarifying requirements, identify issues, provide updates or assist with training. The role requires the ability to manage end user expectations while at the same time ensuring that IT standards are met.
Janus Henderson is a global organization and trades from multiple locations across the globe, such as Denver, London, Singapore and Sydney. This is a newly created role to contribute to the establishment of a support capability in Denver. The role will require a seasoned support profession with experience of building out support or production services tailored to the needs of the business. There will also be a requirement to supervise a junior member of staff on a day to day basis to ensure Incidents are managed efficiently and support hours are covered.
Being a support team there will be an element of shift work associated with this role. Hours of operation are geared towards the main markets being traded in each region, such as between the hours of 05:00 Hrs to 17:00 Hrs local, covered by a shift system.
* Ensure applications are available to business users at the right time with the right data
* Manage the resolution of issues resulting from application checks, including communication to the business
* Ensure support calls raised by users are allocated and resolved, effectively.
* Regular communication to end user on progress
* Collaborative approach with other IT Team to resolve issues quickly
* Pro-active, cogent approach to change management and the enhancement lifecycle
Maintaining a High Quality Service
* Management of local system take-on into an agree service framework
* Conduct user training on internal applications as required on key investment systems
* Build and maintain support documentation for applications and processes
* Take an active role in the provision and testing of Disaster Recovery to our business
* Provide a QA resource to various project and infrastructure team
A proven track record of working within a team supporting Investment Systems
* Knowledge of investment securities such as, equity, fixed interest and derivatives.
* Experience of software monitoring and testing methodology.
* Demonstrable experience of one or more of the following, EMS or OMS applications, portfolio modelling, market data or performance measurement
* Knowledge of best practice and development standards as agreed within IT
* IMC or similar industry qualifications desirable.
* Questioning and analytical ability, able to form conclusions and make recommendations
* Initiative, willingness to seek and achieve improvements to processes and technology
* Ability to work as part of a global support team, engage and contributes to team objectives at multiple levels.
* Strong Communicator, ability to provide updates to customers or IT Management that is clear, precise and understandable, communicates a clear and compelling manner
* Good time management / planning - manages personal workload effectively, sets realistic and achievable targets.
* Sound problem solving and investigative skills
* Desire to follow best practice and development standards as agreed within IT
* Understanding of the principles of database, network and application structures
* Knowledge of the FIX trading protocol and its use.
* Proficiency in SQL (Structured Query Language), sufficient to analyse data
* Skills in dealing with Excel spread sheets and business logic interfaces with either market data or front office applications, SQL and Access databases
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee's job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants' past political contributions or activity may impact applicants' eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.