We need super smart engineers to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
Our infrastructure is largely built on Microsoft Windows. We have a hybrid configuration with on premise servers and cloud based servers using Microsoft Azure with many additional technologies and middleware. We support three warehouses, a call center, corporate headquarters, and the development environment in the cloud. Our team uses a mix of Windows, Apple, and some Linux for our systems management platforms and cutting edge network equipment. About 50% of the development platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows.
Walmart/Jet.com continues to grow an elite Information Security team and is looking for a talented Senior Application Security Engineer to join our Application Security practice! If you enjoy developing innovative solutions that balance security and business priorities, you won't be disappointed! As a Senior Application Security Engineer, you will work closely with product and application teams to build in security early, assess the application threat landscape, enhance security in the SDLC and develop secure solutions that integrate seamlessly into agile development processes. Your reach won't be limited - you will work on a diverse portfolio of applications from mobile, web, cloud, container and hybrid solutions in one of the most exciting and challenging IT environments in the world!
* Collaborate closely with product and software development teams to securely design applications and services
* Create threat models for enterprise applications to identify attack surfaces and threats
* Develop and promote repeatable secure development practices
* Develop secure application frameworks and libraries for enterprise consumption
* Guide product and software development teams with integrating security controls in the software development lifecycle
* Serve as an application security subject matter expert in enterprise design reviews
* Continuously evaluate application security practices and implement improvements that foster speed and agility
* Build data analytics and metrics to track the effectiveness of the App Sec program
* 10+ years Information Security experience
* 7+ years proven experience in Application Security
* Strong, proven experience providing secure design guidance for diverse application portfolios
* Strong, proven experience integrating application security into SDLC and CI/CD processes including automated workflows
* Passion for developing relevant security solutions that are agile and perform at scale
* Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate and translate security and risk management terminology in business terms
* CSSLP, CISSP or other relevant industry certifications
* Extensive experience with applications and services in Microsoft Azure
* DevOps experience in public and private clouds
* Contributions to the security community
See what we've been up to
"A New & Improved Saving Experience" // by Jessica Anerella, Product Design at Jet.com
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options
* Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
* Associate discounts in-store and online
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
* Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs