Search for more jobs
Senior Application Engineer - Modeling and Controls
* Job: 21282-FMCG
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Technical Sales Engineering
Join a dynamic team that combines a passion for MATLAB and Simulink with engineering, control design and system modeling. Work face-to-face with customers, understand their technical and business challenges, and enable them to create solutions with MathWorks products.
As a Modeling and Controls Application Engineer you will help understand customer needs, provide feedback to product development and marketing organizations to further improve MathWorks' products and their messaging. The key to your success is your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
* Support the local sales team by analyzing customers' requirements, guiding product evaluations, creating proof of concepts, and building successful technical sales strategies
* Conduct product presentations for individual customers, at public seminars, or via web.
* Develop demonstration programs and application examples that illustrate how the capabilities of MathWorks software fit to our customers' needs
* Identify new business areas by conducting market and account research
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
* Significant experience in Model-Based Design using tools such as MATLAB, Simulink, HDL Coder, Embedded Coder or equivalents is essential
* Familiar with common design workflows in the aerospace, automotive or machinery industry
* Excellent presentation, communication, and time management skills
* Want to work directly with customers
* Experience in Control Design or Multi-Domain Modeling tools
* Experience in software development
* Experience in a pre-sales environment
* Fluency in Spanish and/or French
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.