Search for more jobs
Senior Application Engineer - Aerospace & Defense Industry
* Job: 19212-PGUI
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Technical Sales Engineering
We are seeking a proactive individual to drive our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in the Radar, Communications, and Sensor Systems (e.g. EW, ESM, and EO/IR) segments of the Aerospace & Defense industry. In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for Radar, Communications, and Sensor Systems engineering. You will spend most of your time working with Radar, Communications, and Sensor Systems engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems.
* Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
* Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
* Contribute to continual improvement of customers' methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage.
* Maintain high customer satisfaction through proactive communication and ownership of issues.
* Partner with Sales to develop and drive shared account goals/objectives aligned with the customer's vision of success.
* Identify new application areas and work with Marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations to attract new customers/prospects, by delivering this content at large and small events.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
* Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
* Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
* This position requires "U.S. Citizenship" due to the nature of the customers served.
* At least 5 years of experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry
* MS or Ph.D. in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
* Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow) or other multi-domain simulation software.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings.
* Travel time will amount to approximately 25-40% of the time with trips generally no longer than four days.
* Customer facing experience.
* Knowledge of the software development issues and processes in industry.
* Very strong knowledge of (and enthusiasm for!) model-based design process and its implications for embedded systems development.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.